Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok..went to glamis last weekend...and :help: came down olds, went to make the turn and klack klack klack...loud noise....so i shut off, trailered back to camp, took it to trinity, they said the motors done, prolly top end...so i tear it apart...top end is fine...look into crank area....no bueno....took it back to trinity for them to put their .02 in again...and yep...case is done... :'(

question is...does anyone know a place, other than ebay, i can get either a case or a total bottom end (crank and trans)?

thanks,
mike

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
Places to check:
Every atv forum that allows the mention of a raptor
Online and local classified ads for blown up rap w/ good bottom end
The engine builders, Kenz Craycraft, Trinity, etc.
Local/out of town atv junkyards

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:( ok...heres the unfortunate damage report....
new (but used): cases (l&r), new oil and water pump gears (apparently theyre plastic), and clutch cover new clutch (supposedly hd dirt racer clutch) gaskets, a hone and 11:1 wiseco, with a hotcam stage 1 bump stick....

im in it for just over a grand...but the bottom end is supposedly done and ready to pick up, gonna go in there tuesday (closed sunday and munday -> :3question: ) then put it in, put the cylinder and head, then wait for the cam to get here (ordered off ebay store back east, saved a decent amount of $$$)

then probably try and get it dyno tuned...so that its done right (i tuned it a lil on the rich side last time) plus im curious on what itll put out as the clutch was noticably slipping prior to the "incident"

so what do you guys think it'll put out??? it is gonna have the stuff mentioned above, with a full sparks pipe, and fully exposed k&n's (literal airbox elimination)

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
The clutch is probably EBC, they call them dirt racer clutches. Nothing too extravagent just a decent oem replacement.

Probably looking right around 50hp or a little more with that setup and a lot of good torque to go with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts