Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got done riding and noticed top of engine was wet with oil looks like its comn from spark plug hole but it runs strong and have no issues could it be the two plugs to check valves are leaking. Never noticed this before i was jumping the bike alot today and was riding it pretty hard on and off the gas and was braking into the corners and throttling out pretty hard too. only the top of the engine is wet not the cooling fins and down the rest of the engine. Like i said bike is running strong and doesnt backfire or pop or anything.???

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I just got done riding and noticed top of engine was wet with oil looks like its comn from spark plug hole but it runs strong and have no issues could it be the two plugs to check valves are leaking. Never noticed this before i was jumping the bike alot today and was riding it pretty hard on and off the gas and was braking into the corners and throttling out pretty hard too. only the top of the engine is wet not the cooling fins and down the rest of the engine. Like i said bike is running strong and doesnt backfire or pop or anything.???
There are lots of allen head bolts that secure the valve cover in place, also if it coming out of the sparkplug cavity, the sealant that seals the valve cover make have started leaking.........

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
660 spittn oil

i just tried to tight the valve caps and they are tight they werent loose at all and i pulled spark plug boot from plug and the boot was dry as well no signs of oil. So i pulled dipstick from the oil reservoir cause i was puttn a little oil in the reservoir after ever ride. When i pulled dipstick the dipstick was overfull and i smelled it and it was runny and thin and smelled like gas. How in the hell is gas gettn in the oil tank I really need some input on this. :mad:

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
i just tried to tight the valve caps and they are tight they werent loose at all and i pulled spark plug boot from plug and the boot was dry as well no signs of oil. So i pulled dipstick from the oil reservoir cause i was puttn a little oil in the reservoir after ever ride. When i pulled dipstick the dipstick was overfull and i smelled it and it was runny and thin and smelled like gas. How in the hell is gas gettn in the oil tank I really need some input on this. :mad:
Here are some causes...........
Leaking needle and seats in carbs..........
Fuel level in carbs too high............
During transport always turn off the fuel at the petcock, the bouncing of the bikes can cause overly high fuel level in the carbs wich can run into the engine.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts