Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all i just got together a full scorpion system yet to be fitted
i asked the dealer for the jet kit but only recived 2 jets in the bag is this normal i was just expecting more.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
it depends on what other mods you have...air filter, airbox lid removed, you should buy larger pilot jets as well...whats done to your motor?

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
With no mods to motor and just a pipe i would do 155L/160R carb. I did the 160L/165R and i have dual pipes with no lid and it was to much so i moved back to the 155L/160R carb if this will help some and im right on.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have purchased them now and the quad is running mint will i really need to use these i am going to make a start tommorow and take my old one off
tmc what do you mean by they were too much ?
another question is is the left/right carb i presume if your sitting on the bike looking down on it

thanks

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
it mad my bike bog down and yes when you are sitting on your quad looking forward would be left to right. when i put the 155L/160R my quad runs like a top no more bogging.if you got you pipe on now and it is running good then don't mess with it.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
No mods, bike runs well - might not be necessary at all, but might be worth a shot. At least tryin them out you'll get familiar with the process and the carbs themselves. All it takes is time at this point.

He means he thinks they might be a bit big. Stock jets are 140/145, and yes - that would be as you sit on the quad, with the carbs mounted :beer:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the responses guys so am i right in saying if i fit the full exhaust sytem and it runs mint
which it does now just stock
just leave it and do the jets for another day or sell them.

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
thanks for the responses guys so am i right in saying if i fit the full exhaust sytem and it runs mint
which it does now just stock
just leave it and do the jets for another day or sell them.
you got it.;)

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
TMC.

What type of airbox are u running?

I have a pair of LTR duals coming, so i was thinking what would be the best setup for the duals?

My 660 is stock at the current moment.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Best setup depend on how/where you ride. No lid will give you better flow/power, but might not be ideal if you ride through some real wet conditions.

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
TMC.

What type of airbox are u running?

I have a pair of LTR duals coming, so i was thinking what would be the best setup for the duals?

My 660 is stock at the current moment.
I have a aluminum airbox with a K&N air filter with no lid. my jetting is 155L/160R with the fuel screw's 2 1/2 turns out. plus i have vito's jet kit it has everything you need in the kit to jet your carbs.

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
I'm surprised... 155L/160R Mikunis is a bit on the lean side for open airbox, especially with duals. Of course, every bike has its own 'personality'.

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
QM i tried to change to 160L/165R and it made my quad bog down in second gear when i got on it climbing a hill. so i looked at the vito's instructions and it said i should be set at 155L/160R. If i had a cam and bigger piston i could use the 160L/165R acording to the vito's instructions.

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
Understood - but most open boxed bikes are running 160L/165R or 165L/170R... and with your duals, I'm just surprised... not to say it's wrong - what makes YOUR bike run good is what's right for you!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts