Raptor Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do i check to see if the oil pump is working , peplaced my cam because it was pretty beat up and the reaon ,i think is the oil pump is not getting oil up there , not ,sure .... lost and confused

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
how do i check to see if the oil pump is working , peplaced my cam because it was pretty beat up and the reaon ,i think is the oil pump is not getting oil up there , not ,sure .... lost and confused
start the motor & on the right side of the head cover is the oil check bolt( it is in my avatar painted blue) Its round & has a allen bolt holding it in place with a 8 or 10mm bolt in the middle of it. just loosten do not remove the 8 or 10mm bolt & oil should flow pritty good out of it..If not you got issues to deal with.
Good luck.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
start the motor & on the right side of the head cover is the oil check bolt( it is in my avatar painted blue) Its round & has a allen bolt holding it in place with a 8 or 10mm bolt in the middle of it. just loosten do not remove the 8 or 10mm bolt & oil should flow pritty good out of it..If not you got issues to deal with.
Good luck.
I always crank mine over with the coil wire pulled so it won't fire until I get oil up there coming out the bolt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts