Raptor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can order the hose that goes from the radiator overflow to the coolant tank on a 660?
It's about 4' long and I think it has a 7mm
l.D
I'm not home to measure it, and didn't think I'de need to, just order a new one.
But, I can't find it anywhere.
None of the parts diagrams on multiple sites even show that hose, or the coolant tank, which is strange.
The hose should be the same on the yfz450 too.
The hose on this 660 split about midway.
I'de rather not go to the stealership or local autoparts store either, if anyone knows where I could order one and just walk to the mailbox, lol
Thanks for any info.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,689 Posts
IDK how close they are, but I have one for a 700. Just pay shipping.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Go to oem parts, then select atv, then the year, model. Then select the radiator tab. And scroll down to part #4

Part 4-Hose 3
Is that it?
Nope, but thanks anyway.
Pretty ridiculous really.
Multiple sites have the same oem parts diagrams, where you can basically build a complete machine part by part...but None show the hose or coolant tank, makes no sense.
It's a roughly 7mm I.d(haven't had time to measure)by about 4' long.
Goes from radiator overflow(tube made into radiator housing on side of filler neck, under cap, that runs to the coolant tank on the left rear of the subframe.
I'll have to hunt down a roll at a hardware or autoparts store, and probably get to ask multiple people who have no idea, yay.
Thanks again for your efforts though.

·
11,689 Posts
Can you repair the old one. Cut out the split and sleeve it with copper tubing, a plastic vacuum hose connector, or similar. Even a electrical butt connector. Zip ties for clamps or some heat shrink tubing.
I still have one for free from a 700. How different can they be.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is it the long skinny hose? If so try an auto parts store, like o'reilly's or autozone.
I will, but it's hard to find.
Fuel hose is more bulky, and not rated for coolant heat, and neither is vacuum line.
Plus, aside from one or 2 people, the autopart stores help here is pretty useless for anything not vehicle specific. The rolls of hose are all in the back, away from the eyes of the customers who know what they need.
I'll just measure it and search online to buy it by the foot.
Thanks again.

·
11,689 Posts
I've been back in the hose department of AutoZone. Just ask, but there must be at least 2 clerks or no other customers.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Can you repair the old one. Cut out the split and sleeve it with copper tubing, a plastic vacuum hose connector, or similar. Even a electrical butt connector. Zip ties for clamps or some heat shrink tubing.
I would McGyver it to get me home, but being a 17 year old machine that sat the 2nd half of it's life, I've replaced most all of the rubber parts.
I think the hose would just split in the next weakest spot.
I'm going to clean the outside of the hose and wrap it in electrical tape, just so I can run/ride it to tune the carbs.
On a good note, before the hose split, when I removed the radiator cap a few weeks, I could hear that the system was still sealed and holding pressure after all those years.
Oh well, comes with the territory.

·
Master of the Electron
15,180 Posts
It holds no pressure... just replace with clear vinyl tubing from Home Depot!

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
50 Posts
Did you find the hose? I bought an overflow tank and came with the hose. I don't need the hose if you still need it

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did you find the hose? I bought an overflow tank and came with the hose. I don't need the hose if you still need it
I ended up finding some at an autoparts store, but thank you very much for the offer!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts