Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wth is wrong now.........it starts fine i put it in first and it pops and studders or dies then when i get it going and shift to 2nd it goes fine wtf is wrong now ...
its been snowing and raining here will that cause the problem...... seems to run like crap when the weather is like this:mad:

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
Water in the parking brake switch connector? Water in the spark plug boot or bore?

Where does the bike sit overnight?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it is parked in the tin shed i have so i aint getting soaked.....i will soon be pullin all rev limiters off getting tired of this crap.....as soon as money and weather improves....so you think that is the problem

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
so it might be the humidity in the air... ok update would it idling to high cause
this i messed with the idle screw and it not doing it that much now im thinking my kids went and messed with it and turned it out.....young boy are always messin with stuff go figure lol

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
it is parked in the tin shed i have so i aint getting soaked.....i will soon be pullin all rev limiters off getting tired of this crap.....as soon as money and weather improves....so you think that is the problem
Not being there, personally experiencing the symptoms, all I can do is suggest POSSIBLE causes, based upon the symtoms you describe.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
but if it was a rev limiter wouldnt it do it in second too not just first????? and where the hell is the cdi so i can kill the reverse limiter i dont care about the light ......i can tell when i am in reverse ... so i ground the green and white wire to the neg on the battery right

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
yes you can ground it to the battery or to the frame.

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
Sometimes a connection or short is intermittent... if it's one of those that can turn on an RPM limiter, it may only be occurring under certain vibration conditions. For this reason, you will sometimes see a limiter turning on intermittently, only in certain gears or only at certain RPM's.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok so i think i found the problem water getting in the orange coil wire clear boot took off coil and cleaned the frame contacts and filled the clear boot around the orange wire and filled it with dielectric grease and went and hit the water and now it is all good thanks everyone.....and the pb sensor is now silicone and unhooked sson to tackle the reverse limiter

·
Git-R-Done
729 Posts
Good to hear you found the problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts