Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
How long has it been sitting, & how long since you have cleaned your carbs?

·
Master of the Electron
15,065 Posts
What are your total mods, main jet and pilot jet sizes, needle type, and fuel screw settings? It's probably plugged up pilot jets, but with all this info we can tell if it's jetted properly.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are your total mods, main jet and pilot jet sizes, needle type, and fuel screw settings? It's probably plugged up pilot jets, but with all this info we can tell if it's jetted properly.
gytr slip on, k&n air filter, no air box lid and i have have vitos jet kit its have #25 pilot jet needle clip in 3 position 150 main jet for left and 155 main jet for right

·
Registered
385 Posts
how cold is it out side. your valves might need some adjustment

·
Master of the Electron
15,065 Posts
you need 160L/165R mains minimum with your lid off... but that won't make starting or idling issues.

When is the last time the valve clearance was checked/adjustedA? The iintake valve tighten up as they wear, eventually they get so tight that it's almost impossible to start cold, but runs fine once warmed up. Setting proper valve clearance resolves this issue.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so i adjusted all the valves last night and they were way off for the intake battery die on me so have to get try it later today and im gonna put the bigger pilots in to

1 - 9 of 9 Posts