Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
every so often i would have trouble up shifting with my raptor, its like the shifter wont move up at all upwards, stick in the center position, but after a few times pulling up on it it would finally go.

well the other day i went riding, went to go from 2 to 3rd and it wouldnt go up. so i down shifted, into 1st, went jsut fine. tried up, still wouldnt go up it was like the shifter is hitting something. down shifted to reverse, went just fine, and stuck in reverse now lol.

im assuming its a linkage or something inside i need to fix. has anyone had issues like this before? i searched and couldnt find anything.

i have the manual and plan on tearing it down soon , just wanted a heads up if someone knew what it was before i went in blindly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also i have never had issues down shifting. just up shifting, and it has happened in all gears i think.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Have you had the side cover off lately? I forgot to put a special washer on the shift star and mine would do the same thing. If you havent had it apart it could be the linkage outside the motor.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
First I'd try to adjust the linkage. See if you can move through all the gears with the engine off. If it goes smoothly try it running under load.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
It most likely is the ratchet shifter located behind the clutch assembly towards the rear of the clutch cover housing...........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts