Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i cant seem to be able to remove the sparkplug what size socket is needed????
what is the most reliable plug??

·
Registered
320 Posts
I been told in here 18mm i tried a craftsman and it wouldnt fit also maddog said he thought it was 17mm I was only able to get it with a sparkplug socket tool that came with a honda recon. Maybe someone can help further solve the question cause i rather use a socket than the anoying adaptation i have to make useing the tool with crowfeet wrench to small extentsion to torqe ratchet is annoying but i like the old rusted tool it hold the plug to be able to pull it out. If you cant afford to wait are order the tool than I hope someone can tell us what size deepwell and what brand they are useing. If i remember correctly the 18 fit the plug out of box snugly I been doing so much to raptor and parts buying i forgot but down in the hole it would not fit over the plug.

I also use ngk r plug from autopart store nothing special standered plug for 3/4bucks.
Heres a question for anyone who used differnt plugs. Whats best? how much better is a ngk irrduiem over reguler ngk r?

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
17mm fits on the oem plug tool, couldnt tell you what the plug itself is.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Do they come pre gaped? Mine was right on when i use my feller gauge. Also should i attempt smaller/bigger gap to tune the plug are just leave it alone?

Also lol Im a millionquestion man why do you run standered and not the higher doller ones? same performance lower cost?

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
Because anyone who thinks iridium is making a difference in this engine needs his head checked. :thumbsup:

Most are gapped pretty close, but I check them anyway.

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
firstraptor said:
Maddog56 said:
Because anyone who thinks iridium is making a difference in this engine needs his head checked. :thumbsup:
Should I take the head off to check it or can it be checked without removing?

:wtf:

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
firstraptor said:
Sorry, I'll try to restrain myself in the future. But it's not a promise.
For some reason I didn't notice it was firstraptor's post, I thought it was akawilliam and was a serious question.

Now that I look, I gotcha. :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts