Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was offered a good bit of cash for my '05.for when its finally assembled.(most of the parts are paid for) waiting for the frame to get in.but i dont know if id like the 700. I ride TIGHT trails in pa, lots of gnarly hillclimbs. i was windering if anyone you know uped up and what they thaught about it?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I own both. I love my 700 so my 660 doesnt get ridden much by me anymore. My girlfriend mainly rides it now. Both are amazing bikes with great power. The FI is very nice to have especially since I ride in all sorts of different elevations. I would say unless your gettting a ton of $$$ for your 660 then I would just keep the 660. The 700 is amazing dont get me wrong and I wouldnt go back to a 660 now but with alot of mods on a 660 and your comfortable on it then I say just keep it.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
pewterpecker said:
peaceman: I just noticed you also have an 05 se. You're the only other person I know of that has the same quad as me!
It was definatly a cool bike, I love the grill. 8)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea as soon as yamaha posted the pics of it I orderd it. waited 4 mos for it to make it to pa hell had it 1/2 paid off before I rode it

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
Just my personal feelings but if the 660 is paid for, I'd definately keep it. For half the cost of a new 700, you could put a kick azz suspension on the 660 and bump up the power a little, that way you'd have a 660 that is more powerful and handles better than a stock 700 and come up about 4Gs on the good side of the coin.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dont want to go any wider the trails are TIGHT here, do you think YFZ fronts would be a goodenough upgrade or should I spring for aftermarket??

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
yfz fronts are supppose to be a good improvement over the stockers on the rappy,..especially for the price!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Peaceman-I just got a set of YFZ shocks for the Rappy.I'll let you know how they are after install & a test ride. :thumbsup:

Got them off E-bay for $150 shipped.They are off an 05

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
peaceman said:
I dont want to go any wider the trails are TIGHT here, do you think YFZ fronts would be a goodenough upgrade or should I spring for aftermarket??
Mine made a huge difference. I got mine for $180 shipped brand new off a 2006 from Ebay. 8) 8)

·
Registered
735 Posts
oem always has room for improvemnt. manufactures cant make everybody happy, there are too many ways to go. Fot the price, yfz shocks are a great improvement, although I would get a little stiffer springs to match the raptor's geometry.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
CoalShedRacing said:
I have never been on a bike with Elkas, Ohlins, TCS etc.

But I have been on a Raptor with works tripples; and the yfz450 shocks are every bit as good as the works tripples. The guy with the works shocks agrees as well.
Sold my set of Works AT-Steeler triple rates as soon as I put on a set of stock YFZ fronts.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
aarons1k said:
are the YZF shocks a direct bolt on to the rappy? are the YZF's shocks shorter?
aaron

Welcome to the site. Take a look around, there's a lot of information already up on the boards.

Here's a link to some info on the 450 shocks. They fit but it takes a little tweaking.

http://www.raptorforum.com/index.php?topic=564.0

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thx , I am loving this site already!!! I just had to take apart the rear end today on my 04 660, we were going to go riding early today and after the ride yesterday i noticed it so a few seals and bearings and we should be set!!!! I do still have to check the cooling fan , never runs?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts