Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering, what bike is faster the 660 or 700? Every race I have seen on youtube with 660 vs 700 the 660 smoked the 700. I know that they are different in many ways but I have herd from many different people that carbs just create more nut.What do you think?

·
Master of the Electron
15,034 Posts
Sure, it just costs more to add an electronic fuel manager than it does to add some jets... all other mods are about the same.

With equal mods, the 700 will marginally beat the 660. Rider skill becomes a more important issue. However, with 5 valves, the 660 is open to more extreme mods than the 700.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Sure, it just costs more to add an electronic fuel manager than it does to add some jets... all other mods are about the same.

With equal mods, the 700 will marginally beat the 660. Rider skill becomes a more important issue.
Agreed I spent $54 on my vito's jet kit, compared to around $230 for an EFI controller.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Its all how the bike is put together. Its much easier to adjust the 700 just plug the computer and your set. I have noticed that it takes longer to get the 700 motor started where my wolverine I crack the throttle and hit the start and it starts right up. Depending how you like computers and wires it can make it easier to figure out and the same for the carb problems I had my wolverine carb apart so many times. The 700 should come out on top every time is the modds are the same and the riders are the same. The weight distrubution is different the 700 is front heavy and the 660 is back heavy so that could effect the race. Could be different tires, rider weights there so many variables that effect races and most of the time the youtube videos dont tell you everything.

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
People forget how old there quads get but you will allways have parts for them. The 660 was a big quad so someone will allways make parts. I have a 01 wolverine thats turning 10 and my 86 honda is turning 25 its kinda scary to think about since it seams like it was just yesterday when we were getting them.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I have tangled with quite a few 700s, They all thought they would clean my Raptor, until I cleaned them................ :D :D :D

All in all it depends on driver and machine, but as far as I am concerned, any 660 based engine can compete with any 700.............

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
But less and less is being made for the 660's.
Bolt ons and trinkets, low end exhausts, and other items yes. But there are still many good aftermarket offerings if engine performance is your desire.

Honestly I've never run one bone stock against the other, Raptor owners seem to have a problem keeping them stock :lol: But pipe them both and they are pretty close at least for the first few hundred feet. I am curious though now, I'll have to see if I can find two stock ones to try it out.

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Honestly I've never run one bone stock against the other, Raptor owners seem to have a problem keeping them stock :lol: But pipe them both and they are pretty close at least for the first few hundred feet. I am curious though now, I'll have to see if I can find two stock ones to try it out.
Curious also. Please let us know the outcome.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a modded 01 (686cc, full exhaust, k&n no lid, cam, gytr clutch, 12/48 sprockets....) and 100% stock 2011 700r and the 700 was faster until I stepped up to a stage 3 hotcam , the stage 1 it had would win until the 700 was in 3rd gear or so then it would pull a little.

700's are stock for stock way faster.. big 3 on a 700 you might need a big 3 grand into a 660 to compete.

·
Registered
267 Posts
this reminds me of the banshee/450 threads i used to see on atvconnection..lol

i had a built 686 (660). made the change to a 700 simply because i fell in love with the bike and had to have it. the 700 feels faster out of the hole b/c its easier to keep the front end on the ground. 700 handles the whoops better. the 660 was more fun to wheelie, throw around a little, felt alot lighter when your actually riding it. we ride in the high desert and beach so the ease of tuning on the fuel injection was also a bonus for me. get a good build on the 660 and its going to be tough to beat, plus your going to have alot of guys say "you cant make that fast" and then you will ruin there day when you out run them in a drag.....by alot......and then they realize there rockstar or monster decal kit added no HP to the 450 they were on =) that was one of the best things i liked about my 660.

a few months back i was at the beach with some friends. we switched up doin some drags... 05 660 with big three vs 06 700 with big three. we must have raced 25 times and switched bikes. ran neck and neck unless someone got a better holeshot.

·
Addicted To Raptor
255 Posts
just my .02$.....now that i have my 700 i would never go back to a 660! jetting on a 660 is trial and error till ya get it right vs just uploading a map on a PCIII on a 700. and every mod ya add to a 700 ya just change the map, instead of tearing the carbs down to re-jet. just makes more sense to me ..... OH...and the 700 is faster. My opinion, ive had both and both were modded.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
just my .02$.....now that i have my 700 i would never go back to a 660! jetting on a 660 is trial and error till ya get it right vs just uploading a map on a PCIII on a 700. and every mod ya add to a 700 ya just change the map, instead of tearing the carbs down to re-jet. just makes more sense to me ..... OH...and the 700 is faster. My opinion, ive had both and both were modded.
Ive never seen a 700 in front of me, only behind, way behind............:D

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Willy is CLEARLY on steroids. Well, his 660 is anyway. There should be a way to test for performance enhancing drugs, lol.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts