Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 01 raptor 660 that i just put a 04 motor into it put new piston rings new clutch, new battery i can pull start it and it runs great, but when i start with just battery it just clicks and will not start with battery charger to... i pulled spark plug and it turns over fine....

what can it be???????????

also wondering i still have 01 wiring in the bike with 04 motor do i need to change that t0 04 wiring

thanks

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
for an 04 motor you need an 02-05 cdi unit....it just sounds like you battery is dead if it turns over with the plug removed

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
i have a 01 raptor 660 that i just put a 04 motor into it put new piston rings new clutch, new battery i can pull start it and it runs great, but when i start with just battery it just clicks and will not start with battery charger to... i pulled spark plug and it turns over fine....

what can it be???????????

also wondering i still have 01 wiring in the bike with 04 motor do i need to change that t0 04 wiring

thanks
Motors to wiring harness are the same, it is when you change the CDI, this is different for the 01s compared to the 02 and up, some wires have to be changed at the cdi...........

Your clicking problem stems from a bad battery or a bad connection at the battery...........

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
for an 04 motor you need an 02-05 cdi unit....
NO - for an 04 HARNESS you need a 02-05 CDI. Engine year has nothing to do with it. ANY year engine will wire up and run perfectly with ANY year harness and harness matching CDI.

Short across the two large lugs on the CDI (ignore the sparks). Does the starter crank? If so, the solenoid is bad. If not then it's battery, battery cable, battery cable connection, starter dead or siezed, engine siezed... a few things to check.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts