Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off if this has been answered, someone can just direct me there but did a lot of searching and couldnt find it exactly......so here we go,
Sometimes my 02 660R takes a little bit to start, nothing crazy long but seems to click over few too many times before it starts for a quad that is in wat i consider great shape, esp for an 02, and then in low first gear it will bog, but not always, like it Does NOT bog when taking off from a start but lets say i come into a TIGHT corner and downshift to first go around the corner almost coming to a stop (tight corner around trees), then coming out of the corner i will hit it and that is when it will bog, then a few revs it will eventually regain power, and stop bogging, and once i hit second and beyond no bogging what so ever...... like i said this is really only when it bogs down, when i need to take a tight area in the trail and slow down drastically, then gunning it out is when it bogs down.. ANY IDEAS?? There may be a minor issue but personally i think it may be partly my trails i built them as a child for my kawasaki kx80 bike, so now riding the 660 through them i rarely go higher then 2nd gear (these are just trails in my backyard i mess around on to warm up the quad before hitting the real ones down the road) so could that b part that its just too tight and slow for a 660r, or is there something with the carbs? I was told secondary clutch? not sure any thoughts??

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
sounds like you need a carb cleaning and you need to spend lots of time cleaning the pilot jets. do you have any mods?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
First off if this has been answered, someone can just direct me there but did a lot of searching and couldnt find it exactly......so here we go,
Sometimes my 02 660R takes a little bit to start, nothing crazy long but seems to click over few too many times before it starts for a quad that is in wat i consider great shape, esp for an 02, and then in low first gear it will bog, but not always, like it Does NOT bog when taking off from a start but lets say i come into a TIGHT corner and downshift to first go around the corner almost coming to a stop (tight corner around trees), then coming out of the corner i will hit it and that is when it will bog, then a few revs it will eventually regain power, and stop bogging, and once i hit second and beyond no bogging what so ever...... like i said this is really only when it bogs down, when i need to take a tight area in the trail and slow down drastically, then gunning it out is when it bogs down.. ANY IDEAS?? There may be a minor issue but personally i think it may be partly my trails i built them as a child for my kawasaki kx80 bike, so now riding the 660 through them i rarely go higher then 2nd gear (these are just trails in my backyard i mess around on to warm up the quad before hitting the real ones down the road) so could that b part that its just too tight and slow for a 660r, or is there something with the carbs? I was told secondary clutch? not sure any thoughts??

There is no secondary clutch............

Start by cleaning the carbs and make sure you have #25 pilots installed...........Do you have any mods done to the airbox.............

·
Registered
116 Posts
There is no secondary clutch............

Start by cleaning the carbs and make sure you have #25 pilots installed...........Do you have any mods done to the airbox.............
I don't want to hijack this thread Willykiller, but my carbs need cleaning out also, and I can't seem to find a carb kit in my area. Any CDN sources ??

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I don't want to hijack this thread Willykiller, but my carbs need cleaning out also, and I can't seem to find a carb kit in my area. Any CDN sources ??
Winners Circle.............Markham.............

1 - 5 of 5 Posts