Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
issues: *will not engage drive gear in order for raptor to drive. A lot tension in new clutch after installation and adjusting shift lever/ adjusting spline.

events leading to malfunction: 1&2 gear slowly lost torque/hp (constantly adjusted throttle to ride each gear/rpms up) 3&4 shifted fine.
*off-trail back in town, started using 1&2 gear leading to mechanical loss of power in all gears.

search results/actions take: burnt oil smell ( replaced burnt out clutch plates, gaskets, oil/filter.) *Haynes manual follow=thru

runs good but will not drive in any gear shifted still;? would a professional please allow me *good advice wear to troubleshoot next/parts to purchase so I can fix.?

·
Master of the Electron
14,760 Posts
Most likely - your new clutch plates and/or steels were not installed correctly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i did not have videos to follow when install took place...this video shows same clutch kit I installed but informed me not to re-use the stock spring.

*Do i need the spring or new/different one?

*thanks for comments help!, I most likely need to re-inspect clutch plate positions and torque on Bolts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts