Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, my 04 raptor 660r is having a issue revving up.

I cant hit the full powerband on the quad, seems like 1/2 - 3/4 throttle it starts cutting in and out like its hitting the rev limiter, except it sound mor like a On-Off-on Bogging sound. So i cant pull a gear all the way cuz it will bog and start cutting in and out, i usually have to lug and cut short on acceleration at 3/4 then shift again.

I just cleaned the dirty air filter thinking it would fix it, its crisp clean... and didnt change. im thinkin maybe carbs need rebuilding? or possibly new spark plug?

idk...any help would be greatly appreciated.

and if you guys are wondering this is the quad, Heres a Revival thread:
http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82617

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Hey guys, my 04 raptor 660r is having a issue revving up.

I cant hit the full powerband on the quad, seems like 1/2 - 3/4 throttle it starts cutting in and out like its hitting the rev limiter, except it sound mor like a On-Off-on Bogging sound. So i cant pull a gear all the way cuz it will bog and start cutting in and out, i usually have to lug and cut short on acceleration at 3/4 then shift again.

I just cleaned the dirty air filter thinking it would fix it, its crisp clean... and didnt change. im thinkin maybe carbs need rebuilding? or possibly new spark plug?

idk...any help would be greatly appreciated.

and if you guys are wondering this is the quad, Heres a Revival thread:
http://www.raptorforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82617

Check your rev limiters, park brake and reverse, try this first, lots of info under the search button for this..............

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It wasnt those. ANd I tried the search button...For hours. DIDNT FIND ANYTHING. SO i opened a thread for people who have experianced it b4 to post in here t here knowledge.

Anyways. I fixed it, I tore the carbs apart and Cleaned the heck out of every cranny. I belive it fixed the problem. I didnt go to far up in the RPMS on my test run.. But i think its cleared. Ran out of gas so had to cut the Test run short.

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 2002 660r doing same thing n it has bran new carbs on it I’ve check all rev limiters n still bogs at full throttle in second gear up

·
Master of the Electron
15,552 Posts
eBay or Amazon cheap Chinese carbs? That's usually the problem. They're poor substitutes for the originals.

Or it could simply be mods that require re-jetting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts