Raptor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my engine in yesturday and had major carb problems. it was way too rich. turns out the needle came out of the holder and was floating in the slide. the small washer that goes above the clip is mia. checked the intake around the valve. nothing. brought it up to tdc and cecked valve clearances and were all good. pulled the plug and stuck a magnet on the piston and didnt find it ??? im going to get a magnet with a swivel head and check in there agin before running it again. maybe it fell out when i pulled the slide off and i didnt see. idk. im running 175/180 mains and i think i might have to go up to 180/185. the needles are on the 3rd clip from top. ive been in there too many times to count and am not sure exactly what the stock settings were. Ive got the plastic spacer and then the thicker gold washer below the clip and a thin washer on top of the clip. i think thats right... last year i modded the floats according to a sticky by cutting the float stop 45 degrees and since then ive had nothing but trouble with floats sticking, float height etc. im ordering some new floats tomorrow and going to try it again. I hav the griz needles And seat and called myself setting the float level right at the bowl gasket, just below as close as i can. its leaking out the overflow still. anyone had this problem ? also i changed my mixture screws to the longer easy access ones. Im assuming that the turns out will still be the same?? Other than the carb issues the engine runs strong. I have noticed Ive got a self oiling chain now. not sure if its the sprocket seal or the shift shaft seal, but ones leaking on me. Also, my mikuni mains are different. every other one i got is a different size outside diameter. not sure how this happened. the tubE that the main goes into (not the emultion tube) is too small for one of the jets. i just put the mains in the long tube and left the small drum deals out. Im wondering if this is going to give me trouble?? isnt the purpose of them to keep the fuel from splashing away from the mains and causing air to get in the way? Id appreciate any input you guys might have.. thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Was all these problems existent before you started the build or did you buy a basket case? Seems like you would have noticed some of these issues before.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Not really sure what your problem is................

1 - 3 of 3 Posts