Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front sprocket looks like a thick washer! Time to replace.. What gears are you guys runnning on your 686s? I do mostly sand riding, hill climbing, and of course the drag strip. hardly ever get in 5th. I have to start in 2nd on the strip or it just sits there and spins with hole shots as a 660. Im in the process of building a 11:1 686. Im getting some paddles too...

·
Registered
532 Posts
15 and 42 works good for me. Off the line u will still suffer because of the sand stars. I love mine for the dunes ,but not very good for dragging. I take off in first, u need to gear it to drag out of first.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
weight, tires, swinger ?

I'm about 190-200 w/ gear and ran a +6 on my 720. Really was happy at 12/42 w/ 22" 10 paddle haulers.

I always launch in second. Always.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my bad... im about 200 and stock swingarm. i run hole shots on some ss112 i believe rims for riding around the house and playin on the road. every other weekend i try and get to the sand. im getting some paddles for there and putting them on my stock rims. not sure which ones yet, most aggressive i can find since they will be just for the sand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts