Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 11:1 CP 102mm piston for my 660. I was just wondering what size jets you would recommend to start off with. I need a knew air filter as well. I have a white bros E series pipe. Any one know any thing about dial-a-jet kits?

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
Decide what intake mods you're going to do, then ask again... it's too early to recommend jetting values if you haven't nailed these down yet.

The dial-a-jet is frowned on some, perhaps unfairly, as a gimmick.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I read something about someones sleeve cracking with a 102 bore, and they were going to put a 700 sleeve in it. Is that hard to do or is sleeve cracking at 102mm not common?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I read something about someones sleeve cracking with a 102 bore, and they were going to put a 700 sleeve in it. Is that hard to do or is sleeve cracking at 102mm not common?
I have broken a couple of 686 sleeves.............
well three of them and i now run a 700 sleeve made to fit in a 660 cylinder and base...........

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
willykiller how did you make the 700 sleeve fit in the 660 base and did your sleeves crack on your race quad? I don't race (wish I could afford it) Just ride trails so I'm not WOT all the time would this still be something I need to worry about?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
willy killer how did you make the 700 sleeve fit in the 660 base and did your sleeves crack on your race quad? I don't race (wish I could afford it) Just ride trails so I'm not WOT all the time would this still be something I need to worry about?
Stock 660 cylinder bored to accept the 700 sleeve, same for the base, it is bored bigger, the 700 sleeve is twice as thick at the bottom and also stronger at the top.............
My 686 stock sleeve blew out and cracked the sleeve twice at the top of the sleeve into a water jacket, and this past year broke the bottom of the sleeve off, it was still running with the piston practically coming out of the bore, but she was breathing heavy and blowing oil from the blow off pipe........

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Still need jet recomendations for 686 11:1 power bomb header white bros pipe no lid foam filter and between 500 n 700 ft elevation

·
Registered
386 Posts
instead of making willy killer explain the 3 plugger again check out some threads on it they are very informative and will ale any questions you may have :D
3 plugger looks bad ass and cant wait till i can get this done

·
Master of the Electron
15,070 Posts
Now that you've stated your mods: 160L/165R Mikunis, 25 pilots, aftermarket needles with clips at or just below middle notch would be a good starting point - you're mileage may vary.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Now that you've stated your mods: 160L/165R Mikunis, 25 pilots, aftermarket needles with clips at or just below middle notch would be a good starting point - you're mileage may vary.
Right on, basically jetting changes has more to do with the air box mods then the exhaust, I have run no air box for years and the jetting is pretty well the same even if I change cams or exhaust...........:)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I found this intake setup on ebay Im trying to get the best I can. I'd like to go no air box but i encounter mud sometimes any sugestions on the intake set up and do carb spacers or the cdi and rectifier make much difference? and what jet kit would you reccomend? I was gona do vitos cause of the fuel screws but if the jet kit isnt that good ill buy the screw seperately. I found this intake on ebay

Yamaha Raptor 660 660R CFM Air Box Airbox Intake NEW

1 - 15 of 15 Posts