Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. well just got the cases split to change 2nd gear and figured while I have it apart I'm going to do a 686. Any suggestions on past experiences with this setup would be appreciated.

I have an 03' raptor w/esr full exhaust, dynatek cdi, k&n proflo no lid
this is the setup I was going to get:

686 kit w/wiseco 102mm piston
hi perf. head kit-which includes, stage 1 porting, kibblewhite valves and spring kit (any suggestions on other valve and spring kits?)
stage 2 hot cam
hot rod crankshaft #4044

How much of a difference will I see with this setup? I want the quad to still be reliable yet have a nice kick to her.

Also what else could I freshen up in the motor while I have it ripped apart?
(just did a l&a one way)

What clutch kits do you guys suggest?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I would look at ferrea stainless steel valves. They are a real good valve. The Kibblewhite had a bad batch a few years ago but they did major damage when they broke. Willykiller has some pics of the damage and it looks bad:wow:. Who are you having port the head?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info. I've heard the same thing from past posts about the kibble valves. I'm having advanced machining in pa do the work. They did some motor work on a 400ex I had and I was more than satisfied. If I do go with the valves your talking about, do they sell a complete kit? Advanvced Machining only uses kibblewhites. Maybe I will buy the valves your talking about and send it with the head. I just want to make sure that's everything they'll need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts