Raptor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ne one use the 686 kit in their raptor, if so was their a big change in power. im thinking about installing it on mine but wanted to know if its any good, thanks

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
A piston alone will yeild a power increase if you're running stock now, but most of the power comes in the compression jump to 11:1 more so than the displacement increase. It's about 2 hp from 100mm to 102mm (686). Where this setup really shines, and what actually makes a "big bore kit" is the addition of a cam. A stage 1 can be used for lots of low end power and tq while still feeling strong through the midrange, while a stage 2 or equivalent with a new set of valve springs will use the tq gained by the piston to stay strong down low while increasing midrange and top end power. Porting of course can extract even more power from this setup, but can cost as much as the rest of the parts combined. And if you start making too much power or too many rpms for sustained periods of time there's the oem rod's reliability to consider.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey guys I'm new to the forum. I had a the same question but know I'm wondering if Io got a stage 2 hot cam and a 11.1 piston with stock bore will it make good HP. I want to get a big bore but heard bad things about them. Any info would be awesome.

·
Registered
332 Posts
try the search feature on the top of the page

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
Hey guys I'm new to the forum. I had a the same question but know I'm wondering if Io got a stage 2 hot cam and a 11.1 piston with stock bore will it make good HP. I want to get a big bore but heard bad things about them. Any info would be awesome.
If your going to go up in compression you might as well bore it. reliqility isn't much of a problem as long as you stay under the 102mm 686 bore. you could go for a 666 bore and be a little more reliable but you won't see as much of a power gain. I have been runnign a 686 for over a year with no trouble

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
If work is done to the combustion chamber along with the 102mm to match the increase in bore along with porting, you should see a dramatic increase in power.....

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
Willy, are you talking valve shrouding or increasing the actual head combustion area to match the bore?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Im running a 686 bore & makeing incredible power. Its all about the setup & how its put together.
At the moment I am splitting the case fore a transmition fix...;)

·
Registered
435 Posts
banshee please explain more....set up and put together.....

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
banshee please explain more....set up and put together.....
What do you want me to explain. You just need a good set up , parts that work together to reach the same goal. By put together I mean the build must be assembled correctly or somthing very bad could & usualy will happen.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I wish I could give better advice, but when I replaced my transmission I also had willykiller do a P&P to the head among other things, a 102mm piston, a hot rods crank, and a stage two cam. The overall combo WILL walk away from any stock or 4 mill banshee

So If your doing one thing, you might as well save up a lil coin and do it all at once while you have it apart…..:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Those are some pretty strong words there bent.i love my raptor but a 4mil banshee can flirt with the 100hp mark and are brutally fast,they are nothing to sleep on..lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts