Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys. I should be gettin my motor back from trinity racing this week and i was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on jetting. I got a 686 big bore kit, head ported, new valves, new cam, and 11:1 compression piston. Also i would like to say i was very dissapointed in trinity racings customer service. All this cost me 1350 dollars and once they had my money they were very little help. I havent recieved my parts yet but it better run like a dream without any problems.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Whats up guys. I should be gettin my motor back from trinity racing this week and i was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on jetting. I got a 686 big bore kit, head ported, new valves, new cam, and 11:1 compression piston. Also i would like to say i was very dissapointed in trinity racings customer service. All this cost me 1350 dollars and once they had my money they were very little help. I havent recieved my parts yet but it better run like a dream without any problems.
Jetting specs depend more on your air box or lack of it then engine mods..............
Give us a list of the mods done to the air box and exhaust...........:)

·
Registered
68 Posts
My tip is: dont tighten the pilots too tight they can break off. If it does happen you may be able to get lucky and counter-screw it out with a jewlers screwdriver since the brass is soft.
I get my Technical advice from WillyKiller

JimT

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Also i would like to say i was very dissapointed in trinity racings customer service. All this cost me 1350 dollars and once they had my money they were very little help.
That is a pretty common theam with Trinity Racing. About the only thing I would get from them is a Billit Intake for FCR carbs, but I wouldn't buy it directly from them.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Jetting specs depend more on your air box or lack of it then engine mods..............
Give us a list of the mods done to the air box and exhaust...........:)
Need all the info so we can give you the right jetting specs...

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
i need some help.. i have a 05 686 yosh full,cfm air box no lid,k&n filter, i have the dyna jet kit in it right now runs good but low on mid range and when i get out of the gas it backfires. it has #25 pilots,146,148 mains 2.5 turns out and on 4th from the top on needle.. i live at 480 feet above sea level.. i just ported the intake runners and ordered 160,165 mains.... WHAT SHOULD I DOOO!!! PLEASE HELP THIS SUCKS...
Also i can runn it with the choke all the way on and it dose nothing
Have you tried raising the needles...........

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
i need some help.. i have a 05 686 yosh full,cfm air box no lid,k&n filter, i have the dyna jet kit in it right now runs good but low on mid range and when i get out of the gas it backfires. it has #25 pilots,146,148 mains 2.5 turns out and on 4th from the top on needle.. i live at 480 feet above sea level.. i just ported the intake runners and ordered 160,165 mains.... WHAT SHOULD I DOOO!!! PLEASE HELP THIS SUCKS...
If it back fires when letting off the throttle it is a little lean on the pilot jet circut / fuel screws. Changing the mains wont help.

I would make sure the #25 pilots and the carbs are clean. You shouldn't need any larger pilot jet. You can try to turn out the fuel screws a little more but I would make sure the pilots and carbs are 100% clean first.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Hey thanks for all the feedback guys. I have the air box lid removed and a k & n filter. 686 bore, 11:1 compression, stage two cam, +1 valves, port and polish job, fmf powerbomb header, pro circut t4 pipe. I ride anywhere from 3500 to 8000 feet. Also any idea on how high octane i need to run. Ill never use trinity racing again but I will say that they do good head work. Before with the stock piston, bore, cam, and head i was running 155 and 160 main jets, 22.5 pilots, and the needle in the middle slot. Thank for any info you might have.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just got it back together so I haven't messed with it much yet. I was just hoping someone could get me close on jetting so i dont end up running it to lean and i dont have to rejet fifty times.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I just got it back together so I haven't messed with it much yet. I was just hoping someone could get me close on jetting so i dont end up running it to lean and i dont have to rejet fifty times.
What type of exhaust and how is the airbox modded.............

·
Master of the Electron
15,680 Posts
You're going to need 25 pilots, and probably 1 step higher on mains (160L/165R) or so.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have the air box lid removed and a k & n filter, fmf powerbomb header and pro circut t4 pipe. Also what octane fuel would be good to run? I ride anywhere from 3500 feet to 8000 feet. The st. Anthony sand dunes are around 5000 feet so i would really like it to run good there. I think i might end up getting an aem air fuel gauge.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I have the air box lid removed and a k & n filter, fmf powerbomb header and pro circut t4 pipe. Also what octane fuel would be good to run? I ride anywhere from 3500 feet to 8000 feet. The st. Anthony sand dunes are around 5000 feet so i would really like it to run good there. I think i might end up getting an aem air fuel gauge.
93-94 pump gas will be fine..

·
Master of the Electron
15,680 Posts
Big variation in elevations! What you have now might be okay for 5000'.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for all the input guys. I really appreciate it. This raptor forum is awsome.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well just an update. I took it for the first ride today and it ran great. I checked the plug when i got back and it looks good and tan. I think all still put 25 pilot jets in just to see but besides that i think its good. I am running 160/165 mains, 22.5 pilots and the needle is set with the clip two notches from the bottom. Elevation about 3500. =)

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Well just an update. I took it for the first ride today and it ran great. I checked the plug when i got back and it looks good and tan. I think all still put 25 pilot jets in just to see but besides that i think its good. I am running 160/165 mains, 22.5 pilots and the needle is set with the clip two notches from the bottom. Elevation about 3500. =)
Good to hear..

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
K i just bought a vitos jet kit because of the aftermarket needles and the air/fuel screws. I was wondering how different the needles are from stock. Im on the fourth clip from top right now with the stock needle and was wondering if that would be a good place to start with the new ones. =)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts