Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone I have a 660 raptor that I just tore down for a 686 12:1 big bore kit. It has a stage 2 cam with hotcams valvesprings, gytr slip on, and I'm running no airbox lid. I live in Pennsylvania, so the elevation above sea level is roughly from 1100-2000ft. I just got the jug back from being bored and honed. I was just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what jets I should use? I have done a little searching, and it seems like there are a lot of choices. Such as:

170/175 27.5 pilots
175/180 ??? pilots

If anyone has any input, please chime in....it would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Im in Fsj BC Canada
2200 asl

25 pilots
160/165 mains
3rd clip needles
4 full turns on Both Air screws

I am
696/697 Web Cam
No Airlid
Duel Exaust
11:1 piston
And High Octane Pump Gas

Few other things no Majors And My Bike Runs Fantastic on those settings :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
im certainly no jetting expert as everyone knows but its my understanding that 27.5 pilots would be too much for just a slip on. i defiantly recomend a full exhaust to take advantage of your build. and ive run 4th clip needle position on a 686 build and still use 4th clip on my 719 build

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Hey John What Mods did you have on your 686 build I am still doing minor tweaking on mine and wondering why the 4th needle position what is the advantage?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
stg. 1 cam
pro-flow filter kit w/adapter and no lid
ct pipe
wiesco 11:1

170/175 mains
4th clip
# 25 pilots

thats what i was told would be a good starting place, never messed with the air fuel screws because shortly after i put it back together i had some trouble with the cylinder and had to tear it apart again and then i just decided to send it to csr. but for the short time it was running it was a bit rich.

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
what is ur elevation?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts