Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there all,
Has anybody raced a newer Honda 450R with an HRC kit. My buddy's and I have been getting talked down to by a young man with this quad and he states he can take out any 686 Rappy. Is he lying or what? We are getting ready to race him in Florence, OR.

Thanks,
Paragodd

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
need more info on both bike's mods

assuming he is all stock besides hrc kit and you have pipe and filter along with your 686 build - you should beat him fairly easily

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just added all my mods to my signature. And from what I have been told the 450R is all stock with the HRC exception. Thanks John.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will be riding on flat sand and maybe some dune hills. On a side note I am running a 12 tooth front with a stock back sprocket. Is that going to be my best set up? I don't have much experience with different sprockets?

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
i live in florida and have never ridden in the dunes or used paddles. i dont know about gearing either. are you using paddles?

but in 300ft sand drag i believe most raptor guys run 12 tooth front w/stock rear

not sure though, im sure someone will be able to help you with that. lots of guys that ride in the dunes around here

·
Registered
3 Posts
You might want to step it up to a 14 tooth in the front. The 12 is too low. you will kill him in the low end but he will catch up to you and spank you like red headed step child. The 12 is going to lower your top speed too much. Those honda are fast bikes. And if their set up right up for the sand they will do good against a raptor. And with the mods in your sig, I would want to step up to a 14 tooth.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Also I ride in Florance alot. Be careful out there. The sand out there is tricky. Practice riding and taking off in second gear with that 12 tooth.

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
When I had a stock bore 11:1, stage 2 hc, pipe and pro-design K&N I had routinely beat hrc 450Rs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts