Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I am going to bore or stroke my Raptor and need some input from you guys. I talked to Kenz and here are the two options I can get from them.

Option 1
6Mil Stoker Kit
New Crank
New Rod
New Piston
New Gaskets
Cam
Porting
2mm over sizved valves/Springs
New clutches
Kit will produce Aprox 68RWHP and 60TQ Price about $3000.00 plus shipping

Option 2
105MM Big Bore 720cc
CP Piston 12-1
Cam
Porting
2mm oversized valves/Springs
Gaskets
Kit will produce Aprox. 59-64RWHP and 52TQ Price about $1800.00 plus shipping

I know that Kenz does a great job but this is allot of $$$$.

What are my other options from reputable companies, what does the kit consist of and what are the HP and TQ numbers. Help me out here. I want to get my motor pulled and shipped and get this thing done. I will only do business with someone like Kenz that stands behind there work.

Thanks, Greg

·
Registered
511 Posts
i am running

12.5 je 105.5
web stage 3
1mm over valves
springs
guides
barkers
oversized injector

61hp 52 tq(with a crap map) at 2200 ft elevation cost total with labor $2800.00 approx installed

(always ask if hp and tq #'s are at sea level or at your elevation or what)

Capt

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Who did you work?

captnkllm said:
i am running

12.5 je 105.5
web stage 3
1mm over valves
springs
guides
barkers
oversized injector

61hp 52 tq at 2200 ft elevation cost total with labor $2800.00 approx installed

(always ask if hp and tq #'s are at sea level or at your elevation or what)

Capt

·
Registered
511 Posts
pure evil in las vegas his name is tom

Capt

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a 12:1 stock bore/stroke, Port, +1 valves, barker inframes, at about 60hp and 50tq. Im not far off from the stroker 804 builds here in utah. I can hit 51 mph on the face of sand mountain UT. Much steeper than SM Nevada and Dumont. Plus the altitude kills us up here. KBR built my motor. They do great work.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Mark from Kenz here,

I think you may have missunderstood the number Ken gave you. The 59-64hp that he qouted you was based on low compression pump gas stock bore builds with a small camshafts. The 105mm 12:1 build with our cam that you are talking about building would be a much higher number.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Mark, Pm sent.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
If you want good reliable power and good bang for your buck, I would go with a 105 mm bore 6MM stroker with Kenz porting & +2mm valves with 12.5 final comp ratio. You won't spend much over 3,000 and you will be in the Mid 70's on HP and can get up to 64 ft lbs TQ with the Mega cycle X2 cam shaft with a modified air box 50/50 mix of 110 race gas and pump premium, a good set of dual exhaust and a good dyno tuned map :thumbsup: I think you'll be very happy with your build if you choose Kenz cycle tech, they know how to make good reliable HP without breaking the bank 8)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Im with Randy, I have the exact setup as his. Awesome power! I sent Ken just
my motor. I am very happy with the results. I still have the box they shipped it to
me in. Couldnt throw it away, its a custome built box.
As far as bore and/or stroke, you have to decide what you want to do with it.
70 plus HP is alot for trail ridding. Not saying the driveability is bad-Its great no
problems at all. Ken will suggest a new rod if you do a big bore, for reliablity.
Also, the HP #'s look the same, but I bet you will have more useable HP under the
curve with the stroker motor.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Hey Mark!. . . Mark here! Finally made the switch over to the Raptor from the DS!

So, what's the ultimate duner WITHOUT an extended swingarm?

Randy's build sounds awesome but, I think that would just be too much with the stock swinger.

The DS I had was stroked and you could really feel the torque in it. . . awesome!

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
Dume Me, Even before I had the Kenz build I was running the T-Dub +4'' I actually though once I got my rear shock dialed in that it was a far better duner than it was with the stock swinger, better ride better at climbing the hills, doing tree shots etc. I can still trail ride on it and it handles great. I like the way the bike works so well that even with the Kenz build after doing some duning I have decided to keep the +4'' on it and not go to the +6'', it works well for me and is an absolute blast to ride :grin_nod:

·
Registered
902 Posts
smithZ said:
DuneMe, I still have the stock swingarm, no problem!! Just gets light in the front every
now and then ;)
Go 780 from Kenz's!
This is just the kind of sick answer I was looking for. . . Dang. . . this IS going to cost me!!!

I'm going to have to wait a bit though. . . Wife told me after I sold the DS that there would be no more modifying. . . I never really directly responded to her on that point ;) :help: :grin_nod:

Need a few Bonus checks to help the argument go away.

·
Registered
261 Posts
smithZ said:
DuneMe, I still have the stock swingarm, no problem!! Just gets light in the front every
now and then ;)
Go 780 from Kenz's!
I have to respectfully disagree, there is no way you could utilize the full power of that build on a stock swing. With my bolt-on Dual pipe 700 it is very difficult to keep the front end down on steep hill climbs and racing. After seeing & racing against RapFams 700 with a +4 it would be the mininum ext. swing arm that I would go with on a built 700 with all the torque they make.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think the important factor is terrian. In the sand you would die doing a hard launch on any built 700, however in a desert terrian you would probably just spin the tires. I know raptorRandy's bike will flip over backwards in 5th on the street with a +4.

·
Registered
669 Posts
kenz did the 6mm stroker and all the rest to my rappy on the stock bore and with the D.M.C.s the thang is one hell of a arm pulling beast the power can get you in trouble real fast!! I went with a +6 swing arm and it will pull the wheels up at will.I did all my motor work with just 2hrs on the stock motor and the wife has no clue what i have done to it :thumbsup: in the desert it was not all that fun you have no hook up but i am still on stock tires :unsure:

·
Vendor - Rip Ass Connoisseur & Turbo Junkie
733 Posts
My bike is a Kenz Built Bike and its awesome....in the sand, in the dirt its a spinning machine but thats cool to.
its not the fastest in town but I will bet I'm in the top 5% of the fastest bikes here at sand mountain....of equal type 4 stroke bike. With that said, What do you want your bike to do? I will tell you those #'s that Ken through out to ya are conservative.....Very Conservative....like 3-5 hp low......thats the way Ken operates.

He would rather tell you less up front and gain more on the back and be a hero...than like a few companies out there that promise you the moon.........fall short, and then your frustrated that you didnt get what you were told.

There are alot of very good companies out there that will do you a good job,

Kenz in Mesa AZ.........which was and is my choice
Holeshot Design in Nor Cal.........Jerry and Brian Will Definately hook you up with all your go fast needs, they build Awesome Bikes that are pretty too!!!! <----------- :lol:
KBR in SLC Utah.....Kam and Marty are very good guys that build very clean and very fast bikes
Sand Demon Motor Sports in Portola Ca......Mike builds very fast bikes as well and soon to have full dyno here in the Reno area. Also is my, now in conjuction with Kenz, My local shop of choice!
Reno Performance ATV "RPA" for those of you who go to planetsand.com the guy on there named Dunepimp is Shayne the owner of RPA builds really nice stuff....usually a 450 guy but I know he has big plans for some FAST 700'S stuff and he too will have a dyno soon.
Curtis Sparks in Cali builds some very fast bikes.
Rocket Factory builds fast bikes also!
Hansen Performance in Idaho builds very fast bikes......

If I missed someone I'm Sorry........

the list goes on and on...........its what you feel comfortable with and fits into your budget
you can take a pole of the who done whats and you always get the I Likes and they scewed me's so you should just call them all.....keep the pricing to yourself and go with who makes you feel warm and fuzzy. And if they do you a good job get on here and give them props......If they screw ya.............Blast em

Just my 2 cents worth,

MIKE

·
Registered
261 Posts
Jdog said:
I did all my motor work with just 2hrs on the stock motor and the wife has no clue what i have done to it :thumbsup: in the desert it was not all that fun you have no hook up but i am still on stock tires :unsure:
:thumbsup: Your the man! :lol: I'm ordering a bunch of stuff for my bike, and Kenz is going to do my build this summer. We just need to re-negotiate the price a little, I found some pictures of Ken from our trip to the Clash and I know he doesnt want these to surface on the net. ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.