Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Yamaha raptor 700
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any used any ultra thin LED pods to replace the headlights? Looking at putting 2 per side, one for the high and one for the low. Does any one have pictures, if so?

Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory String instrument accessory Rectangle Art

·
Administrator
9,595 Posts
I had a couple cube pod LED's on mine before I upgraded to newer style plastics. The pre 2013 headlight bracket assembly you could fab up some L-metal to make brackets to support 2 lights. Couple things to note.

1- The weight of those are not much, but I broke 2 headlight brackets due to the bouncing of them going over rough dunes. If you fabricate something, add a gusset to angle back to itself, like a triangle, to support them better.

2 - It might have just been mine, but going directly to the low/high switch it seemed to make my lows flicker compared to running a new button with fuse direct to the battery. I now run them all direct to battery.

Attached are a couple pics, you can see how I used the L brackets. Think through your design and beef it up better than I did if you are able.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Administrator
9,595 Posts
I don't know why it went double pics, I am doing this differently from my computer, but you get the idea. Last pic is with newer plastics and newer headlight brackets with flat LED pods.

Reactions: Aluminum_Owl

·
Registered
2006 Yamaha raptor 700
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just read a post from almost a year ago that you was involved in with QuadManic about the flickering. Did you ever try what he suggested? I am also thinking of slanting them, don't judge my picture lol its a rough draft of what I expect. I know for sure it will need some heavy duty bracing.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Blue Tread

·
Administrator
9,595 Posts
I can't recall what we were discussing but I went a different route anyway i am sure, lol. The angled lighting placement is a new one I have not thought of. Depending on how you fab up the metal, but if the lights are under the fenders it will be blocked by the plastics. Try a couple positions and keep posting as you progress with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts