Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have an 09 700. I noticed the other day that for some reason when the bike is on my break light stays on all the time even when you dont push on the break levers. Anyone else have this problem? If so what is the problem? Thanks

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
there's a little spring on the rear of the rear brake pedal that returns the light's activator switch (for lack of a better term) back to it's normal position when the brake isn't being pressed. If this is worn out or not tight enough anymore it could cause this.

There is some adjustment via a plastic nut/'bolt' that should allow you to screw/unscrew it to set where/if that engages your brake light as well. Good chance it just needs backed out/in a bit to fix your problem

Take a look at your brake pedal and follow what's connected. You'll se exactly what I'm talking about. Good chance it's an easy mechanical fix as opposed to an electrical thing you'll have to chase down.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Thanks SegKast, Thats what it was. I just installed some DG nerf bars and must have disturbed the spring and screw.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Hes good and knows his shnitt. This will surely help another one of us when the time comes. Thanx Seg two thumbs up!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts