Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone cut thier fenders?& have pics?I'm really thinking about shaving the back ones.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's pretty cool.I'm shaving alot less off,maybe to the first ridge were the graphics start.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Im not a big fan of cut fenders but maybe because most look like hack Jobs. :unsure:

Raptor randys looks pretty sweet and very well done. :thumbsup:

So post some pics and show me some more good ones

·
Registered
368 Posts
I'm trying to understand without sounding like a noob or an arsehole.... :help:

Why cut fenders?... Is there an advantage.. or is it just for looks?.. Me personally.. I think I want some kinda fender......?

:help: :help:

·
Registered
202 Posts
some people say less wind resistance in the air... some do it for looks.. and i heard other people say they like to be able to see their front tires.... so i guess it depends

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
The biggest reason I cut mine is I wanted to do a custom paint job on it and I knew that it would hold up a lot better and look better longer if I cut the fenders and eliminated 90% of the flex. There's much less change of scratching them doing tree shots when there cut, also I can see the front tires so I don't catch one on a tree or a root wad when I'm doing the trees shots. I only ride the dunes so the fenders aren't needed, that and I hated the batwing rear fenders on the 700R.

·
Vendor - Rip Ass Connoisseur & Turbo Junkie
733 Posts
Here is my fronts done and I'm doing the back tonight, I will try to get some pics taken soon....digital camera got dropped in the sand this weekend and ruined. :mad:

·
Premium Member
6,553 Posts
Yes, looks very good. Im cutting mine just for the simple fact of not buying new plastic from my roll over I had. :grin_nod: When ya get ready for makin that yellow mean machine in the background to really sing, let me know- done up my daughters not too long ago with great success.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I am starting to like race cut fenders. But i dont really know how to cut them :(

jamie

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'm would like to cut mines to but I do alot of night riding so need to keep the lights on. So I don't know how they would look cut with the stock lights on. I like the look of the stock light so would like to keep them. Any one got any pics with cut fenders and the stock lights on. Maybe a little photoshop guys.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts