Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Yamaha raptor 700
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 RAPTOR 700

So I am in the process of rebuilding a 06 700. Thing as been through hell, so I have it down to the frame and still in the process of tearing parts apart. It was filled a few times and have some bent parts. I ordered a new A-arm from partszilla and steering stem, with the A-arm on back order I began to research. I know that 2015 700 and 06 700 have interchangeable A-arms, but what other parts are interchangeable?

Partszilla is the cheapest place I found online for good OEM parts, but they wanted $191 for 1 of the 2006 a-arms and the 2015 was only $54. I couldn't believe how much of a price difference it was. Not looking for aftermarket parts but am open to options. I'm also not trying to spend a fortune on this rebuild.

The rebuild will consist of me replacing suspension parts, motor parts, wheel/tire, fuel pump, plastics, muffler, lights, ect. You get the point. There will be lots of parts getting replaced, so if I can find them cheaper but Yamaha OEM like the A-arm then that would be great.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2006 RAPTOR 700

The rebuild will consist of me replacing suspension parts, motor parts, wheel/tire, fuel pump, plastics, muffler, lights, ect. You get the point. There will be lots of parts getting replaced, so if I can find them cheaper but Yamaha OEM like the A-arm then that would be great.
if you want to stay oem I used 2020 (or some newer model) a-arms on my 2006, worked great and the more tubular vs square design looks a little better. each year seems to vary in price, I just looked on partzilla until I found the right color and right price. only downside was I had to send a few back as they were scratch on delivery.

Tire Wheel Automotive fuel system Automotive tire Light
Tire Wheel Crankset Automotive tire Vehicle brake

·
Registered
37 Posts
I must have missed that you also needed a fuel pump...I went with a Quantum replacement pump kit. Wasn't hard to install. Just have to be careful with disassembly of the stock plastic housing. It is quieter than stock and I haven't had any issues with it. I will link. Way less than a new oem unit.
Okay...link doesn't seem to take you to the final spot. Just enter your year/make/model etc. And it will show you the pump kits for the Raptor.

·
Registered
2006 Yamaha raptor 700
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you want to stay oem I used 2020 (or some newer model) a-arms on my 2006, worked great and the more tubular vs square design looks a little better. each year seems to vary in price, I just looked on partzilla until I found the right color and right price. only downside was I had to send a few back as they were scratch on delivery.

View attachment 143050 View attachment 143051
I just got my refund off the 06 a-arms so I’m going to buy the 15 a-arms soon. I like the rounded look better then the squared anyway. I'd like to stay with getting new parts if I can help it but thanks anyway. Do you know what else fits our year model as far as plastics or motor parts?

·
Registered
2006 Yamaha raptor 700
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I must have missed that you also needed a fuel pump...I went with a Quantum replacement pump kit. Wasn't hard to install. Just have to be careful with disassembly of the stock plastic housing. It is quieter than stock and I haven't had any issues with it. I will link. Way less than a new oem unit.
Okay...link doesn't seem to take you to the final spot. Just enter your year/make/model etc. And it will show you the pump kits for the Raptor.
Yea, that was the main reason he stopped riding it. He was guessing fuel pump went out and when I pulled it out the wires were broken. After looking at the price of them I started to repair it but could't find any of the small wire clips that go inside the plugs. I did come across that highflow website and actually have a picture saved in my phone. I'm wondering how there whole fuel pump assembly works. If I was to repair it then I would almost need a whole rebuild kit. not just the motor, filters and wires for the motor.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This is the kit I got. It's $70. It comes with new o-ring, wires, filter etc. There are some extra parts in the kit because it will work with yamaha Grizzly and some other models. I do remember their wire harness plug that plugs into the oem side wouldn't fit just right so I released the pins on my stock plug end, removed it and switched them over.
Liquid White Product Lighting Fluid

·
Registered
2006 Yamaha raptor 700
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is the kit I got. It's $70. It comes with new o-ring, wires, filter etc. There are some extra parts in the kit because it will work with yamaha Grizzly and some other models. I do remember their wire harness plug that plugs into the oem side wouldn't fit just right so I released the pins on my stock plug end, removed it and switched them over.
View attachment 143057
Yeah, I looked at those. I need those parts as well as the picture below. I wish they sold a whole rebuild kit for these things. The wire are in bad shape.

White Gadget Electric blue Liquid Light bulb

1 - 10 of 10 Posts