Raptor Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
The fiber plates are also saturated with oil, so the oil cannot be pushed out of them.
It is a wet clutch because the clutch itself is partially submerged in oil while in the case.

·
Registered
144 Posts
You sure I was told it pulls them apart. I have the same clutch as dezperado the driveline one he had the same problem and told me to zip tie it when not using it. It fix the problem

·
Registered
2015 Raptor 700, Barkers duals, fci, PC5, +3tb, ported head, +1 valves, 5050 cam, 745cc, 12:1,
109 Posts
Yeah in a non running state with a Rekluse, the clutch is open and plates are not together until you achieve a certain rpm and the rekluse plate expands so there shouldn't be the need to pull lever in with rekluse when not in use.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The fiber plates are also saturated with oil, so the oil cannot be pushed out of them.
It is a wet clutch because the clutch itself is partially submerged in oil while in the case.
Your Prolly right I went back and read what dez told me he said he had the same problem on his 450 he told me as it sits the oils drains out. I think what he meant was hold the plates together with a zip tie which causes the plates to hold the oil in and keeps them from sticking. I just take the zip tie off and pump the clutch level a few times as its warming up and she's going to

·
Registered
04 raptor 660. 686 big bore with open airbox/k&n. Big guns slip on exhaust
150 Posts
I had a similar problem with the quad still creeping with the clutch in that no adjustment helped. Turned out i had over tightened the clutch basket and probably the springs as well. Took me awhile to figure it out but once I had it off and replaced my torque wrench with a good digital and set it to proper spec it cleared it right up. Also on the basket filing it smooth ive done it on other bikes and it does help, just take your time so you don't take too much off.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
IMG_20210219_145214948_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210219_145251939_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210219_145310420.jpg
IMG_20210219_145325985.jpg
Alright got the basket out. What do you guys think? File or just replace? I'm just worried that if I file it the tolerances will be wider for the fibers to slam on the basket and it'll just wear out faster. Also the shaft that the basket came off of has some very slight in/out play, but spins freely. Is that normal?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
It shows wear, but doesn't look bad.
I'de file it and run it.
I don't think it's the problem.
There will be a very small amount of end play on that shaft too

·
Registered
636 Posts
Huh that damn weird. I mean I run mine a bunch but never have to mess with the clutch unless it sits for a LONG time, then the oil goes out of the plates. It was sitting for a couple months before I bought it but after an hour ride it wasn't sticking anymore.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Filed the basket and torqued the basket bolts to 5.1ish pounds instead of 6 which is what I had before. Now clutch appears to disengage with the bike on the stand. I can now spin the axle while in first with the clutch pulled in with some effort, which I think is normal because I haven't put oil in yet. Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
428 Posts
The basket was the issue. The bolts that go through the springs bottom out when they get tight.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts