Raptor Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know someone on here has successfully installed 700 plastics on a 660 my question is has anybody done it with maier plastics? they are on sale in orange on the maier website and I was wondering if they would fit...any help would be appreciated :wow:

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Man I dunno buddy!!! But I do know the maier's are known for crappy fitment as it is. However I'm a firm believer that if you put your mind to it anythings possible. I would venture to say that "yes" it can be done. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and everything bolted up the exact same on the maiers? you didn't have to change anything? because I forget who did it with stock plastics but if they are exactly the same it shouldn't be a problem

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
It was 03Raptor, but those plastics are mine now Muhahahahahaha! Lol they are sitting in my garage waiting til my motor gets put back together so I can finally put them on the bike. Gonna be SWEEEEEET!

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,450 Posts
More the most part they are the same. No modifications at all to bike or the plastics to make them work.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
To make 700 plastics work, there is a good bit of work that's going to be involved, at least as far as from how 03Raptor did it. Maybe others have a different way, but his worked just fine on his bike, I don't see any difference going on mine.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Well, I'm not looking at them face to face, or face to plastic if you will, but there was some cutting that had to be done on the rear fender. The battery box is completely separate, I don't know if it's by necessity or if it was just easier to do it this way. If he gets on here he might be able to explain better. There was also some custom brackets he had to do as well.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Tommy, if it is just 700 you are worried about, just get some custom made 700 decals..........................

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tommy, if it is just 700 you are worried about, just get some custom made 700 decals..........................
lol no the raptor 700 plastics are on sale in my favorite color from maier...

If I have to cut the airbox and battery box out that would be a bonus because one day I want to get this airbox which requires reoving both

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Yeah, it shouldn't be an issue then I wouldn't think. Send him a PM he will be able to give you some more info on it I should hope, lol.

Unless I paid him for his silence...so I can have the only, or one of the only 660s with 700 plastics, and you all get frustrated and quit trying, lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts