Raptor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening Gents,

I have a 09 Raptor 700 and it is stock besides an aftermarket axle. Currently I am having issues and would like some additional input. So every once in awhile starting it will backfire, still starts though, and cuts out sporadically. Here recently the thing tops out at 58. 1st 2nd and 3rd have decent pull to it but when it goes to 4th and 5th its a dog. Has no power at all in 5th, and barely any in 4th. I checked the spark plug and replaced it, also checked to see the oil. The oil smell like gas, but it is due for an oil change. Checked some of the wiring and so far haven't found anything. I have read threads mentioning the clutch might be slipping, TPS, and various other things but it didn't cover all my symptoms. I don't want to start throwing money in parts I don't need. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Good Evening Gents,

I have a 09 Raptor 700 and it is stock besides an aftermarket axle. Currently I am having issues and would like some additional input. So every once in awhile starting it will backfire, still starts though, and cuts out sporadically. Here recently the thing tops out at 58. 1st 2nd and 3rd have decent pull to it but when it goes to 4th and 5th its a dog. Has no power at all in 5th, and barely any in 4th. I checked the spark plug and replaced it, also checked to see the oil. The oil smell like gas, but it is due for an oil change. Checked some of the wiring and so far haven't found anything. I have read threads mentioning the clutch might be slipping, TPS, and various other things but it didn't cover all my symptoms. I don't want to start throwing money in parts I don't need. Any help would be appreciated.

Is the air filter clogged by chance?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts