Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well DW REALLY Bragged up the new renegade 100 XX C.
My dad has a 800 XX C and it was dead even with my 100% stock 700 until I hit 76. After the blue wire we where even but I had to ride it. IE red line take off with power shifting/idea tire pressure.

Well need less to say now it is a sloth compared to my modded 700.

So this new 1000 has a top speed of 87 (according to DW) I dont know under what conditions or if it cut out there :confused:

I don't think you will see many out there... The have a HIGH price tag! But the regular 1000 has the same power and weighs less!!
@82HP with a weight off 632LBS (dry) Now wet it would weigh about 665
Because 5.4 gallons of gas would weigh about 32LBS consider hes not full we will call his weight like 665LBS.

Lets add a 200LB rider on it 865LBS.
So 82/865 is 10.5! So it has a nice power to weight ratio!

Take a 700 raptor (stock 430 wet) then add your rider.
40/630 is 15.75...

Kind of sad for you guys/gals running stock bikes.

I myself am 130LBS
40/560 is 14...
So even with a light rider your going to get it handed to you.
I know that I was on a 800 Renegade and ran beside a blue wire mod 700 (he had HIGH tires pressure on pavement) We had a 4 mile stretch so we got em up to 70 and slowly kept giving it more. My speedo hit 80 and stayed there and very slowly he pulled away he was going (83 by his speedo)
He was walking me like 4.5 feet per second or so WHICH figures out to be about 3MPH faster.

Basic point. The 1000 is anywhere from 4 to 7 mph faster.
And the power to weigh is about 5 points lower on the 1000.

These things will kill us!
To be safe a 200LB rider will need good hook up and 63HP.
If your all about top speed a stock 700 could win with proper gearing. I would suggest 36 rear but to be safe a 15 front. If you have 22's your set but these will take off way fast!

If anyone has any experiences with one please let us know,

ALSO the 1000 looks a lot like a 800 to tell the difference check out the exhaust! (The 1000 has the pipe going side ways) The one in the snow is a 800.

I COULD be riding with one soon and cant wait to show it why raptors are king, I plan on taking him with ease.
Raptor VS 1000 Renegade

·
Registered
366 Posts
Pretty sure thats not 82 at the wheels. Probably hits like 60 at the rear wheels... On a 600+ pound bike. Woo hoo...

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^ Could be true never thought about that but if you do the math on the 800 it seems right to have 71 at the wheels.

Also some say the 700 Has up to 42HP

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
the major changes where made at the clutch...thats what is supposed to make it the quickest accelerating factory quad on earth

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
The Renegade 1000 will definitely set a new milestone in power to weight ratio of modern ATV's :) It's all good, it'll force everyone else to try and do better.. Maybe Yamaha will wake up and give us a twin 800 with a turbo option or something :) or not... lol

Ps: The Can-AM weight specs are lies... Add 100 pounds to that mofo for a more accurate comparison.

·
Registered
191 Posts
It's a Can Am they suck and break all the time.
big deal.

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My dad has never had any issues with his reny or the outlander :confused: I guess sometimes bad luck. Outlander 4k reny 2k
Both broke a belt one time.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
It's a Can Am they suck and break all the time.
big deal.
I have to disagree on that one. I have had 2 DS650's and both were one tough machine. IMO way better then the Raptor but there is not much support for them anymore. That is the biggest down side aside from price.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
How did you mind out about the weight?
My first quad was a Grizzly and it had 26" Bearclaw tires on it. The way my shed was build at my old house, I had to lift the front and back of the machine to park it inside so I had enough place for the rest of my stuff.

In 2007 when the Renegade came out I bought one to replace the Grizzly.. I figured all that extra power, with the same exact weight as my Grizzly (or so the papers said, 600 pounds for both) it would be a total beast. It was indeed a beast, but my little trick of lifting the front and back of the quad to park it in the shed wasn't going so well.

I was a member down at Highlifter forums as well as Can-AM forums and similar reports were kicking in from all sides. The guys decided to start a thread on bike weights.. They took their bikes to car/truck scales and soon found out that with just gas, oil and all, the scales were showing weights of 720+ pounds.. The guys that had extra equipment on them were often well over 800 pounds.. That is without a rider...

All in all, it was determined that the 2007 Renegade was actually 680 pounds dry, as opposed to the advertised 600... The same holds true for the Outlander, which was advertised at 680 pounds but was weighting more in the vicinity of 740 pounds dry... etc... The XP MAX model was over 780 pounds, etc.

In later years, they got even heavier.. The X model has heavier shocks, skids, etc... I have no data on the Renegade XXc weight, but I'm guessing 720ish dry...

As for Can-AM reliability... It varies a lot in my experience. Mine was pretty so-so, despite being the last year they were produced in Canada. I've had a lot of small issues here and there and the 3 year warranty failed to cover ALL of these issues. It was a very high maintenance machine and the parts weren't cheap either.. Overall, it felt pretty fragile... The frame is obviously crap.. If you don't have a skid plate, you are going to trash it quick, no question about it. The plastic was pretty bad too, lots of plastic-on-plastic mounting, snaps, etc that would break off after a couple of uses.. Just getting to the air filter to inspect and clean it was an adventure.. I got rid of it before the warranty ended... and I won't buy an another Can-AM unless I get really rich.

All that said, the 1000 must be a total blast to ride... I have lots of beef with Can-AM, but what they did with their engines is just amazing.. and I never had issues with the engine either, they are very reliable and can take an beating.

·
El Jefe de la Hill
1,593 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts