Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question I start up the machine and it doesn’t smoke about a minute later it starts to smoke I’ve been told it’s could be the valve seals I was reading up on it it says a carbon build up on the piston or the head compression is 81 according how to do it from the manual low to high is 55.8 to 71.7 or should I be looking at something else

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha Raptor 700r
155 Posts
I have a question I start up the machine and it doesn’t smoke about a minute later it starts to smoke I’ve been told it’s could be the valve seals I was reading up on it it says a carbon build up on the piston or the head compression is 81 according how to do it from the manual low to high is 55.8 to 71.7 or should I be looking at something else
What color is the smoke? Depending on the color and the smell, you can tell what it's burning off. Any modifications to the quad?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What color is the smoke? Depending on the color and the smell, you can tell what it's burning off. Any modifications to the quad?
It’s grey and blue it’s runs awesome no power loss or anything it’s using oil but from what I’ve read it’s carbon build up on the piston and valves maybe I’m wrong it’s all stock

·
Registered
53 Posts
grey and blue smoke, and it’s using oil…. You’re burning oil, sounds like rings to me.
Agreed. Replace piston & rings while head is off! Gonna need replace that drained coolant. I like Yamacool OEM coolant myself. Stuff lasts 4-ever too. Get on Amazon / motosport.com or local Yamaha dealer.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Agreed. Replace piston & rings while head is off! Gonna need replace that drained coolant. I like Yamacool OEM coolant myself. Stuff lasts 4-ever too. Get on Amazon / motosport.com or local Yamaha dealer.
It’s not the rings valve seals were bad leaking all fixed runs good now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts