Raptor Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all,
I have an 06 raptor 700 (stock) and ran into a problem. After ridding for about an hour (sometimes 2) & I shut it off to take a break, it Won't start. I know the fan is working cause it comes on. & it won't start untill I let it sit for about 30 mins. My cousin also has a 700 (same year) and he don't have any problems getting his started. I'm going ridding again today & would really like to quickly fix this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Maybe ajust your valves!
Could be a loose crank sensor!
I would put some dialetic grease in all you connections!

I aint no mechanic but im trying to help and from what ive been reading that problem could be related to alot of different things. But luckily you got someone that has the same bike. You could swap out parts and see whats wrong. Its a long hard process but eventually you will find the bug!

First off i would adjust my valves then check all the connections on the bike and battery!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.
I noticed today (when it wouldn't start) I would turn the key off and turn it back on and I could hear a humming noise & I could also hear it after a failed attempt trying to start it (noise lasts for about 4-5 secs). After about 30-45mins I would turn the key on and the noise would be gone & it fires right up.

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
That "humming" noise should always be heard when you turn your key on. That is the fuel pump

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
maybe the gas pump is going out. Mine hummms when i turn the key on but i know its the pump priming the gas lines.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
That "humming" noise should always be heard when you turn your key on. That is the fuel pump
ya what he said! Never mind me, im on meds anyway LOL!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's what I thought it was, but I never notice it any other time. Only when it won't start. I just went out and turned the key over & I don't hear anything and it fires right up. Once the noise is present it will not start.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Take your tank gas cap off next time it happens! I think its a bad pump or the gas tank dosent get any air.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Take your tank gas cap off next time it happens! I think its a bad pump or the gas tank dosent get any air.
I tried the gas cap. (friend had that problem on his 660) unfortunately that was not my problem. I may have to take it in to get it checked out. But would like to have a list of ideas of what it could be.
Thanks for all the help so far.

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Wow! A list!!! Your asking for alot! That could be because of ALOT of different little things.

Now really rationaly it does it when its hot!

Any wires loose close to a high heat source?

Something expands on that bike of yours and cuts power to something else. What exactly i dont have a clue? Because when it cools down its ok and starts back up again. Could be a wire that expands and dosent work anymore when hot but cool the wire expands less and connects properly.

Did you ever change the spark plug wire on it? You could just swap it from your buds raptor to check if its defective.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts