Raptor Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have rebuilt a few of the oem 700 stems using chromoly tubing and strengthening the head unit. Recently I got a used one from an 07 gytr 700 and the splines do not have a large key spline. But every other stem I have seen has that large spline in it. Anybody out there know what I'm talking about? I'm wondering if it is only that year that is different because I did an 06, 08, 10 stem and they all had it :confused:

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmmm.... Crazy cause this is definetly a 700 stem. I mean all the dimensions are exactly the same. It looks exactly the same too. But there is no large spline WTF!!! I got it from a guy named hartley on here so hopefully he will chime in and tell us but I swear I remember him saying it was off of an 07. I could rebuild it but there's really no point unless I have the flag that goes with it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
haha definitely my stem.. ha see i took it off an i was like man they really dont give ya any help lining up your stem to make sure its straight an i even got a houser stem it didnt even have a key way either but yah that is off my 07 gytr quad

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey thanks for chiming in here hartley! So your new stem fit in your flag??? I dont see how that is possible. The stem you sent me has no large spline. That would mean your flag could not receive a large spline unless you altered it. Did you grind out some of the flag splines to receive the large spline that would have been on the houser? I'm a bit puzzled here lol But like I said before this stem is useless unless I have the flag that went with it. I suppose that it will fit in a normal 700 stem anyway assuming the splines are the same size but not all of the splines will be engaged with the flag.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Hey guys, I have my stem out at the moment and mine doesn't have a large spline, All the splines are exactly the same size, I have a 2007 GYTR,, I can take pictures if you want...

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No shit!!! Yeah take a picture of that badboy will ya? I'm thinking it's just that year rappy and only the gytr because this is the first time I have seen them. But like I was saying above I suppose I could still use it in a regular flag with the large spline but all of the splines wont be engaged. Or I could just bust out the welder and fill it in then run it in the lathe but thats a lot of extra work!

·
Registered
481 Posts
There is two little dents on one of the keys, These are factory dents.. Pics are of both sides...
Phone pics, sorry!!!

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey thanks Tacky! I wonder what those dents are for??? I saw those on this stem as well but I thought I did that when I chucked it up in my lathe LOL! But yeah that the same stem I have here. I guess they are specific to the 07 models only. First I have heard of this. What do you think about that stem being able to fit in a normal flag with a large spline groove?

·
Registered
481 Posts
I reckon it will fit, The shaft will still slide into the master key slot, I reckon the master key will take up two splines..

Of course this is just speculation.. :D

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
OEM Part numbers:

All '06 models: 1S3-23813-00-00
All '07 models: 1S3-23813-00-00
All '08 models: 1S3-23813-10-00
All '09 models: 1S3-23813-10-00

I don't see how that stem is any different from other '07 stems.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey what up wobble! So those part numbers for 08 & 09 have a 10 in the second set from the end. But the other guy on here said his 06 had the large key.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah my houser went in perfect and there even wasn't a large spline on it. I have no idea why my stem would be any different than every other quad. May just be 07gytr. No idea

·
Registered
27 Posts
stem mystery

I replaced my 07SE stem with an oem stem. My old stem was splined. The new stem had splines missing. The new stem aligned right up with the large notch in the yoke. It centered the handle bars automatically. I bought the stem from Thousand Oak yamaha and this was on the OEM micro fische 1S3-23813-10-00 (replaces 1S3-23813-00-00)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts