Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any input? i ride mostly trails,forestry roads,but go to the dunes 2-3 times a yr im not going to drag or nothing like that.
i have the talent to move or guard a filter for saftey and spash protection ....

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Try it I trail ride a high hp bigbore stroker in the woods no box filter never gets to dirty I even ride thru mud but nothing like mud bogging just the occasional stuff on the trails you may get stuck in if not careful 6-8" deep sloppy clay/dirt mix type thick crap.

·
Registered
227 Posts
i have raptor 700 and a outlaw 525 irs the outlaw is amazing in the trails the stock suspension is way better then my raptor with a rear spring for my weight and 09 front shocks. i love my raptor but i can ride the outlaw all day and not get as worn out. also i hate to say it, but my 525 is jetted and has a ct racing full exhaust. and i think its faster then my big 3 raptor. but at the moment i'm using a downloaded pc5 map and i'm going to get the 700 tuned soon to see if it helps

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
i have raptor 700 and a outlaw 525 irs the outlaw is amazing in the trails the stock suspension is way better then my raptor with a rear spring for my weight and 09 front shocks. i love my raptor but i can ride the outlaw all day and not get as worn out. also i hate to say it, but my 525 is jetted and has a ct racing full exhaust. and i think its faster then my big 3 raptor. but at the moment i'm using a downloaded pc5 map and i'm going to get the 700 tuned soon to see if it helps
:confused:

might just be me and my vagina but i wouldnt wanna ride a 90-100hp bike in tight trails. seems like it would wear you out in no time?

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
My bike is scary as hell on tight trails it's a constant job keeping it off a tree or stump. I'm gonna impale a tree oneday.

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
somehow i miss read the turbo part, what the fuck, who would want a turbo raptor for trails, thats asking for trouble... lol
Yes sir I agree. Would be fun for about an hour I'd say.

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
Speaking from experience, a trail bike is not a turbo bike. You have wayyyyy to much power for just a trail. I mean on a straight line you maybe hit full boost for like 3 seconds before you have to slam on the brakes to corner. For a trail bike go for a Big 3, and a lighter engine build IMO.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
theres nothing a turbo bike can do in the trails than a N/A built motor cant do. impractical imo... and just more parts to get fucked up from trail riding...

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
I'm at a tad over 80hp and right at 60 tq. I gotta admit its scary as hell at times. Now I've ride a turbo they rev extremely fast once boost kicks in and there's not enough lag to react its boom instant power like :n2o: with out a button. I'd say probably crazy in the woods if your woods are like mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts