Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will a stock rappy 700 beat a honda 450r with an hrc kit? just wondering since i know a couple of guys who want to race for pinks and the guy with the 700 swears he can beat a 450r with an hrc kit in it. :3question:

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
well, it could i guess, depends, how big and good each rider is,, i got beat by a stock 450r with a tiny mutha fucker on it, and i gurantee i'm a better rider....sad,very sad, i was talking shit 2 right before, then he made me eat my words....good thing it was a buddy, and i personally would neverrrr put my pink on anything...cuz it's financed heheeheheeh, i'd be like sure, you can have the pink, just pay it off and they will send it to you in the mail!.. but yeah,he should be carefull and just race for fun, no sence starting a pissing match and loosing a new rappy, cuz it sounds like they took their debate a little to far...tell him good luck, and i hope he wins :thumbsup:

·
Registered
123 Posts
i would never race anyone for pinks. you never know exactly whats done to someones quad. if that 450 has the hrc kit and thats it the 700 will have a tough time. if its stock, no way. he shouldnt do it. you just never know all aspects of a race before it happens. good luck to the 700, cuz hes gonna have his hands full :eek:

·
GO BIG OR GO HOME
2,254 Posts
Ill let you know tomorrow night, my buddy has a 450r and just had it installed, so ill give him a run for his money :lol: i weight 160 he probably ways around 200. if ol' rappy lets me down..... well i will put it down for a while if you know what i mean 8) 8)

·
Registered
151 Posts
I own both bikes 06 Raptor and 07 TRX450, too many variables and it comes down to the rider, stock bike to stock bike.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Stock for stock i still had a hard time beating a 450r in a Drag of about 60 or so yards, i weight in at about 115 and the 450 rider is at about 130 some but right outta the hole it can always change varaibles but if the course is long enough the 700 will come back

·
Registered
554 Posts
Just the HRC kit on the 450r results in a 6 hp jump. If they go with a pipe and an aftermarket filter the jump is even greater. I would not bet on a stock 700R against a 450r with the HRC kit. The HRC kit is not your basic bolt on mod.

·
Registered
912 Posts
A 3mod 700r will walk a hrc 450r. I'm trading wins with built 450's and all I have are the three mods. Guess it all depends on the rider. 8)

·
Registered
18 Posts
......3 mod should beat an HRC TRX - I have both an '06 HRC TRX and an '07 3 mod Raptor (The TRX is the wifes), and I can consistently beat her up Sand Mountain, UT. I can even take it easy until she gets through the whoops, and then hammer it when she pulls along side.....bye,bye! That said, it still comes down to the rider. Any situation (hills, sand) where the easy to use torque factors in ups the advantage to the Raptor. Those same factors require a more highly skilled rider to keep the 450 singing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey....been a long time since I've been on here; I got rid of my 2001 Raptor 660R and got a new TRX450ER. It's got the HRC kit, HMF pipe, and K&N filter setup. My cousin has a 2006 Raptor 700R, so I am quite familiar with the 700R (hell, I recommend it to anybody looking to get into the sport sector). I have a tremendous amount of respect for the 700R; with a good rider who knows how to short shift it's a lethal quad, even stock. That said, a 700R will SMOKE a stock 450R in most cases. Now, with the HRC kit installed (2006+), the 450R becomes a real screamer. Especially with a pipe and filter and subsequent appropriate jetting. We've raced several times and it depends on the start. I've seen it go both ways. My cousin is a fantastic rider and we switch occasionally while riding. I've seen the 700R smoke 450Rs and 450Rs smoke 700Rs. All in the rider. I've had my 450R pass 700Rs, and then the next race a guy on a 700R will pass me. Very close machines, which says a lot if a stock 700R can keep up with a HRC'd 450R. Nonetheless, this race would be too close for me to even think about betting pinks on!

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'd be careful saying "smoked". I also have an '04 450R with a few mod's & my neighbor has never beat me. He has an '06 700R with a the three mod's. He's some close, maybe within a quad in a drag race through 5'th gear, but that's about it. I know under the right condition's a 700R might edge a 450R, but never "smoke" one.....

·
Registered
180 Posts
tejas58 said:
......3 mod should beat an HRC TRX - I have both an '06 HRC TRX and an '07 3 mod Raptor (The TRX is the wifes), and I can consistently beat her up Sand Mountain, UT. I can even take it easy until she gets through the whoops, and then hammer it when she pulls along side.....bye,bye! That said, it still comes down to the rider. Any situation (hills, sand) where the easy to use torque factors in ups the advantage to the Raptor. Those same factors require a more highly skilled rider to keep the 450 singing.

Yeh', but she's a gurl..... :lol:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
CAROLINA_700R said:
A 3mod 700r will walk a hrc 450r. I'm trading wins with built 450's and all I have are the three mods. Guess it all depends on the rider. 8)
Ok i'm prepared to take crap for this but just so I know for sure, what are the 3 mods? 15T, Lid.....I'm just not sure :confused:. Thanks :chair:

Michael

·
Registered
644 Posts
11Raptor said:
CAROLINA_700R said:
Ok i'm prepared to take crap for this but just so I know for sure, what are the 3 mods? 15T, Lid.....I'm just not sure :confused:. Thanks :chair:

Michael
Top 3:

Intake
Full Exhaust
Fuel Controller

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
The only 450 that has come close to me had a 480 big bore kit in it. We were dead even every race. I doubt that a bone stock raptor would have a chance against a modded 450.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I can tell you this, with my stock 700 with the lid and sparky removed there were a race with a few 450r's. One with a Hot cam & springs, pipe, skill for skill matched riders and a 20lbs rider advantage on the HC450 it was a H,Y,Y outcome racing up sand mountain. The HRC kit 450r was a few bikes behind both!

Just the results I had. BTW the guy that rode my 700 was a 450 owner and it was his first time on a 700! Now on flat ground things would have probably been different. Sand is more predictable traction and the displacement from the 700 helped a bunch.

I would definitely not run for pinks unless you know how you run against the bike previously and have a 70/30 or greater win/loss average.

Also, throw a $2,000 buy back option into it, that way if who ever looses they have a chance to get their bike back. (it's only fair IMO)

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Owning a 700R has been one of the Most exciting purchases of my life. I have learned a LOT about building power in a 700R the last 6 months. Weather we admit it or not we ALL want to beat the honda's, yfz's, outlaws, ktm's and anything that pulls up next to us. My suggestion to everyone that really wants to Smoke "that guy" is to quit messing around and let YOUR Gorilla out of the cage!!! Order that big cam, Port your head, and throw a High compression Piston in your quad. This along with your original "3 mods" and you will spank the shit out of these guys. We have big bore's already, and we should be dominating these races, Yamaha is insistant to keep this quad tame and rideable for everyone of all ages. The 700R motor will produce a crazy amount of power if we MAKE it breathe with a BIG cam + Porting, and up the compression, 12:1 Piston. Let's pull ahead of the competiton ALL the time :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts