Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 700 se and my freind has a kaw v 785 what do i need to win i can get him on top but 0 to 65 to 70 he gone i have the 3 mods will a piston help even things up

·
Registered
250 Posts
I would guess that a piston and/or head port/polish. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
234 Posts
i agree :thumbsup:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the v is just out fast it has 785 FST, STAGE 3 CAMS, PORTED, 13:1 JE PISTONS
ROCKER MOD WAS DONE!!
YFZ VENT BOX MOD
TWIN AIR POWER FLOW
WORKS TRIPLE RATE FRONT SHOCKS
WORKS HEART TRANSPLANTED REAR SHOCK
T-9 BAJA WHEELS(BLACK)
ALL BEARINGS ARE NEW FROM THE BUILD
QUAD BOSS BELLY SKID
NEW BRAKES(FRONT)
DG TIERODS
ALL BALLS TIE-ROD ENDS
IMS 4.6 TANK(PUMP HAS BEEN MODDED)
FST CDI
CUSTOM PAINT JOB
MBR BARS
BARK BUSTER HAND GUARDS
TRAIL TECH VAPOR
PRM DESERT GRAB BAR
PRO ALUMINUM FRONT BUMPER
PRO ALUMINUM NERFS/W HEEL GAURDS
FST FLYWHEEL COVER
DUAL LTE'S
DIAMONDPLATE FUEL TANK GUARD
and clutch work

·
Registered
77 Posts
Are you holding your own off the line?

Headwork and a piston are never a bad idea, throw a cam in while you're at it.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Stage II or III cam, Track or Extreme porting(depending on who you have the porting done by), and a 11:1 or 12:1 Wiseco or JE piston(depending on if you want half and half or full race gas). Then it will be all over with but the cryin' ;)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
were can i get a piston and cams the best price i do not want to run race gas so what piston do i go with??? we race in the dirt and sand and down the road the v is fully auto and is just fast he has a lot of money tide up in it. maybe i will pull one of his spark plug wires :grin_nod: :grin_nod: :grin_nod:

·
Registered
554 Posts
SMIB fursure said:
or let a bunch of air out of his rear tires
LOL

Or just throw in 1 bump or 1 corner :thumbsup:

·
Registered
661 Posts
i prefer thekick in ths shin, at the start line when yall take off reachover and kick him in the shin he wont know what hit him and he'll let off, u stay in it and win, or when you start reach over and hit his kill switch.lol :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
None of you guys have seen any fast KFX 700's I take it? He's going to need more than just a piston and a little Port work to beat the one he described in 300' With the engine mods listed and when the CVT is worked over they will flat get out of the hole and haul ass. Don't under estimate the FST modded V-force
one of those with a good pilot will give my 780 stroker all it can handle.

G

·
KFX's are slow stock, but once you go into the motor they will scream. An the truth is I don't think you can beat the one listed above in 300' w/ out some more serious motor mods.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Gotta say I agree those Kawi 700's rock when modded. We have one that runs up to buttercup from Mexico that just flat out kicks everyones butt. We all thought it was a DS650 but to our surprise it was a Kawi 700 and he wouldn't let us look it over , even after we all had our tails between our legs.

·
El Jefe de la Hill
1,593 Posts
Are you sure you can get him on top? That's when my Stage III cams shine the best. I've race plenty of 700r and in 300' some were close (1-3 lenghts) but in a 600" race...

·
Registered
262 Posts
I built the 785 Vforce he's talking about. All fst parts and porting with clutch work(sheave cut and top end mod) done by Jh machine shop. I'll tell ya all bs aside this thing is a freeking beast. I could pull out my driveway on pavement and just light the tires up. That why my buddy Jm traded it. It was too much for the woods. IMO a 11.1 piston and x2 or web 111 cam, some porting.barker duals with 15t and a good rider would give him run for his money. On pavement it's going to be hard on a long race. With the porting and cam it's got it's not reaching clutch shiftout(max power) until 8200 rpms. We never dynoed it but my fst800 that dynoed at 60 rwhp couldn't take it. :confused: If i was guessing I would say that the 785 is putting down arond 65 rwhp. One thing the raptor got though is better power to weight ratio.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts