Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
On my dads Cr250 we upgraded the water pump and it runs a lot cooler...and im not sure if they make one for the 700

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Cooler = MORE POWER :D (Well to a certain point)

I mean those turbos pushing like 120HP must have something other than a big radiator...
:) in fact we havent rebuilt it since we got the water pump

·
Premium Member
1,167 Posts
I know there is an upgraded impeller for the 660...I don't know of any for the 700.

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,450 Posts
Hence the " ::) "

ok so one for the 660 but no 700 yet? Thats odd... Someone needs to get on it.

BTW an inter cooler is a radiator over the air intake correct?
Act secretive about the big 3.....:lol: Pretty sure everyone already knows. Intercoller is a cooling system for the turbo and it takes the place of the intake. Intake is moved to or close to fender on front.

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Act secretive about the big 3.....:lol: Pretty sure everyone already knows. Intercoller is a cooling system for the turbo and it takes the place of the intake. Intake is moved to or close to fender on front.
I like you :) You just don't get it........

Oh ok I got ya now thanks... Well if anyone knows of a impeller upgrade let us know.

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I never see myself much bigger than stock bore/5mil. I don' have the space to let it rip. But I like the idea of getting rid of the fan and still keeping the motor cooler.
Cooler motor = happy motor :)

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Don't get RID of the fan, you won't run long without one.

I wouldn't recommend the aftermarket impellers for the 660, at least not the one I tried.

·
*Woo Woo!*
621 Posts
save your money, no point in trying to get all these cooling mods for a bike barely making more power than stock. Theres people with twice your HP and they dont need any of this stuff. Save up for more mods

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
So are you having problems with overheating blue? And the fan only comes on about about 230 degrees of water temp, so you could run without a fan if youre not having any problems with getting hot, but why do you want to? I really dont understand what youre looking for here blue, you have a big 3 bike with stock compression and you want to get rid of the fan but upgrade your water pump? Why dont you just get a bigger radiator if youre concerned about something?

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So are you having problems with overheating blue? And the fan only comes on about about 230 degrees of water temp, so you could run without a fan if youre not having any problems with getting hot, but why do you want to? I really dont understand what youre looking for here blue, you have a big 3 bike with stock compression and you want to get rid of the fan but upgrade your water pump? Why dont you just get a bigger radiator if youre concerned about something?
I'm not really trying to get anywhere.. I just thought it was odd that the raptor didn't have a upgrade available. I personally don't see my fan run a lot. When I trail ride really tight stuff or do some hard climbing it runs steady though.
I understand it can handle that. But also to my understanding is a cool motor will last longer. And I am all for reliability seeing I like to get 200HRS out of mine before rebuild.

·
8SEVENTY3
1,336 Posts
Usually upgrades are only created when it becomes necessary for something better. So for now there is radiator and fun upgrades available, but nothing as far as an impeller from what I know. So if youre needing something better there are a few things you could overhaul first.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts