Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Still looks like it has the original tiers on it.
Must be a low hour bike it looks neat.

·
Premium Member
497 Posts
While the 400ex is a great quad it won't hold a candle to the 700 without major modding. Am I biased, probably, but I bet if you get a 400 you will be looking for something else in the near future. But if the 400 is priced right and you dont mind being a little slower than the other guys, it will make you a great bike too.

·
Registered
538 Posts
i would say go for it......

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Terrible choice for you Wible! You can't handle the truth! Haha just kidding but why waste your time on a 400EX. It probably has about the same power and worse suspension than the 250. Might as well go for the 700

·
Registered
16 Posts
I must comment.... I have had all 3 the 400ex, ltz400 and Raptor 700. The Raptor 700 is all I will ever need...EVER. It has all you are looking for and more. The most power I have ever felt on a quad, no one or hillclimb will beat you, jumps like a dream, you will be "the man" on the trails and draws alot of attention from, well, just about anyone who sees it...and its fuel injected.

Like said in earlier post, I agree the LTZ is WAY better than the 400ex. Im my opinion I thought the LTZ FELT much lighter and quicker than the 400ex. Wheelies all day with a tap of throttle..... LTZ has better suspension (with resi shocks) more comfort with better seat. Both are great and I am a Honda guy (well dirt bikes anyway) but I would choose an LTZ all day if its a 400 your looking for.

After riding the Raptor even once you will never be satisfied with a 400. You will always in the back of your mind crave the power and attention that 700 gives you. I would recomend going 1 tooth up on the front sprocket so your not spinning your power away. You do that and you will be breaking landspead records in your neighborhood fields.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Your Crazy.......Stick with the 08..........$15 for front sprocket

·
*Woo Woo!*
621 Posts
06 bone stock is probably worth around 3,000. That 08 is the much better deal especially if you can talk it down some more. Not to mention that the 07 Special edition and then 08 newer bikes all have WAY better front shocks. The ones that come on the 06/07 bikes are pretty bad.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts