Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the time has finally come and ive decided to get the 07 raptor 700r, but ive been browsing the forums and people have said the 700 SE is the better deal and is worth the extra money. So I really dont want to pay an extra $300-$400 for the SE but if its the better deal i might, Which is worth the money?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
well the SE comes with different color combos and a little better susspension. There are a few other very very minor things too. If you plan on doing mods and putting on new suspension/a arms, ect. I would go with the r over the se so you dont want to waste that extra $400. I bought the r becuase I plan on doing a signifigant amount of mods over time

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea i deff. would probally never put mods on it only minor things like some nerfs and some guards

·
Registered
206 Posts
The Blue one's are faster :lol: :lol: ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol how do u figure that. And i just realized that with the yamaha plan u get $300 cash back which would make it somewhat the same price as the 700r so thats what i think i will do. and does the black and orange fade?

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Everything fades with time bro. But the part that below the gas tank where your knees will be rubbing, rubs away the shine of the black. Makes it look duller. But you can buy the clear backing that stickers stick on, and put it on there to preserve it.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Get the color you like the best. You can always add the yfz style shocks later if you want for about $200.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Chipper said:
lol how do u figure that. And i just realized that with the yamaha plan u get $300 cash back which would make it somewhat the same price as the 700r so thats what i think i will do. and does the black and orange fade?
Trying to bring back a little inside joke :lol: color has nothing to do with speed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ahh i c. well it sounds like the se is the way to go if i didnt want to put mods on an i love the color of it.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
white will be the best color in terms of looking good the longest. I have put my white one through so tuff riding, it still looks great except when you look really close you can see the very fine scratches. Black is the best looking color but everytime you take it out to ride it will look worse and worse each time

·
Registered
206 Posts
I sure do like that new Blue & White one :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
also be warry of the red clay mud, once you ride you need to get it off as soon as you can, it can stain the plastic

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea that blue and white one does look good to,also waht about the gytr i like the color scheme and the front grab bar

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well i would love to go with the gytr if i could talk my dad into paying some extra cash but i think if i were to get the se i would definelty go up a hundred dollars and get the gytr, i think im goin tommorow to look at them and c what i can get for my dirtbike trade

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
dont trade it with the dealer.... dealers dont give you crap for trades, sell it yourself....you will get mo monay outa it!

·
Registered
206 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts