Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Let's hear them...
I beat one on my 660 last year but my 660 aint as cool as the 700s now:p. hell I even beat it on my stock DS:eek: so it wasn't much of a battle to beat it with the raptor. I have never raced a built one though. I wish it was a cool story but its not just lined up and took off and he was still on the way up as I started coming down the hill.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I want to race one so badd!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I want to race one so badd!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
I'd sure like to race one as well but they are rare as pope sh*t around here.. I'm guessing the sales are pretty atrocious!!!

On a more serious note, there's a guy on a forum I go often that has one and he rides with Raptor guys (they are all stock) and stock for stock the Raptor is faster out of the box but the 700xx comes back and beats it at higher speed. In order to pull this with the extra 100 pounds, I guess they are half descent, but then again they sold so little of them that there barely is anything for them aftermarket so stock is pretty much what you are stuck with.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I'd sure like to race one as well but they are rare as pope sh*t around here.. I'm guessing the sales are pretty atrocious!!!

On a more serious note, there's a guy on a forum I go often that has one and he rides with Raptor guys (they are all stock) and stock for stock the Raptor is faster out of the box but the 700xx comes back and beats it at higher speed. In order to pull this with the extra 100 pounds, I guess they are half descent, but then again they sold so little of them that there barely is anything for them aftermarket so stock is pretty much what you are stuck with.
They are just so UGLY. I bet if they are built up a bit they would fly but they are so rare that you prolly won't run into one. I raced one up a hill and with my DS(Comparable to a stock Raptor) I beat it. I didn't walk away real fast but beat it. It was also Brand new so they might have been scared of it still:lol:

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
They are just so UGLY.
Meh, I used to think that but the more I look at them the more I think they aren't so bad. The front end sure looks "special" but IMHO it's still a descent looking bike. I guess it's a love it or hate it kind of thing at that point...

That said, I find that my Raptor is already overweight so a 500 pounds machine? ... Yikes! I had a Renegade before my Raptor and I still have nightmares of drifting out of a bend right into the woods with all that weight... It never happened, but I got close to it several times. Scary sh*t I tell you :)

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I find that my Raptor is already overweight so a 500 pounds machine? ... Yikes! I had a Renegade before my Raptor and I still have nightmares of drifting out of a bend right into the woods with all that weight... It never happened, but I got close to it several times. Scary sh*t I tell you :)
Yeah I know about heavy machines as I came from a DS650 Baja lol. I have owned a DS from 03(IIRC) to now but just got a Raptor last year. I can recall a few time rolling it down a gravel pit trying to get out of it way:eek:. The raptor is a little easier to control but I'm 6'7" 250lbs so the DS does fit me well. I look big on a raptor.

·
Registered
538 Posts
they are just so ugly. I bet if they are built up a bit they would fly but they are so rare that you prolly won't run into one. I raced one up a hill and with my ds(comparable to a stock raptor) i beat it. I didn't walk away real fast but beat it. It was also brand new so they might have been scared of it still:lol:

yes i do agree that they are freakin ugly!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts