Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have these two buddies with some pos hondas and they wanna run a drag race.

ive got zero drag racing experience, dmc force4,k&n air filter w/uni foam wrap, dmc dobeck, 15t sprocket, iridium plug.

suggestions or advice? predictions? :cool:

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
Look I love my Raptor and it run very good But the XX with the Big 3 and a 13 tooth sprocket will run with any 3 Mod Raptor... Stock for stock the top end of the XX is 10mph faster than the Raptor.... In the wood The IRS Rocks and You can buy a new XX for $4500

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they are pretty sweet quad, definately have an advantage in the ground clearance, upgraded rear sway makes an enormous difference.

we just banter at eachother and its probably going down on the next outing, so i want to be prepared haha

both bikes are big 3 bikes... im trying my luck with a 15t right now, cant decide if its a good thing at my power level yet or not.

·
Premium Member
5,195 Posts
they are pretty sweet quad, definately have an advantage in the ground clearance, upgraded rear sway makes an enormous difference.

we just banter at eachother and its probably going down on the next outing, so i want to be prepared haha

both bikes are big 3 bikes... im trying my luck with a 15t right now, cant decide if its a good thing at my power level yet or not.
If you're in the sand, get some 7 paddle 22" Haulers, and put the 14t back on. Power to weight the Raptor will be faster, ive seen it several times at the dunes. Top speed don't matter for drag racing.

·
Banned
2,642 Posts
The xx' s are ok till till you hit the corners then the raptor and the solid axle just leaves it in the dust. The irs leans too much for my taste and you sit way high on it compared to the rappy

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
Run his ass over and dont look back!!! I predict a win for...Well you know wich team im on...LOL

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
There an old farts quad!! I think the power is pretty close but with the IRS you hit whoops it won't track strait and like the other guy said the corners they'll lean more so they can't go as fast. Like the yamaha comercial says raptors use to rule the world and still do, Kawy and honda 700s have nothing on the raptor.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
so should i launch in 2nd or 1st. slip the clutch or drop it?

stock 700xx is very tippy feeling but with the upgraded sway bar in the back you can hang the back end out pretty nicely

kill vids to follow :mad:

·
Premium Member
4,439 Posts
I would say slip so you dont wheelie the launch and in 2nd. Lean on the tank alot also...But i aint no pro for drags and no one wants to race me LOL. I wonder why LMAO

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
do a few practice starts if your over the tank to much the wheels will spin more but if your to far back your gonna just wheelie. Also learn which way its gonna launch since some times it will put one left or right depending on tire pressure. Start of in 2nd and just get a feel for it. It's not rocket science but it dose take a little bit to get a feel for it, how much gas to start off with, when to shift that kind of stuff only comes from learning your bike. So go have fun.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Launch in 2nd for sure. Maybe even 3rd. My friend has a 700xx with the big 3. they can not hang with the raptor if you have a big three. Dont get me wrong, they are fast but not Raptor fast. The 700xx cant even beat my friends DS450 with big three. The only way you lose is if you arent a good dragger. But if your both equal riders, the Raptor wins everytime.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I raced one up at Bull Gap last year that was bone stock. It wouldnt even touch my DS650 that has just a slip on. I have never raced a big 3 one though. There was a big 3 raptor up there with about a 120lb guy on it with haulers that was killing it bad but it was stock so wasnt a fair comparison. I think the 700xx just look to funny lol I didn't even know what it was for a few min.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
lol! myself vs. 2 700xx's , the only time we had a clean linup and real run at it i launched in 1st and over revved.. but that was still enough to take the one 700xx who also launched it in first, the other xx launched in 2nd and it was catch up time up until around 4th. at which point i was going so fast i passed him like he was sitting :D.

if i had launched in second theres no way hed have the lead at any point in the race.

·
Registered
240 Posts
In a straight line I'd take the Raptor any day... Through the rough is where the 700xx makes its $$$! That IRS is pretty damn comfy compared to a SA flying through 4ft whoops! To each's own though, all depends where ya ride ;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts