Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup guys,
i was looking into buying a new quad for a couple of month now and i really like the 700r, but last week my friend let me ride his 06 ltr 450 and i really liked the throttle response on it specially 1st gear to 3rd "i didnt take it farther than that because i am new to the quad world." now my Q is:
does the 700r throttle response is like the ltr 450?
i know some ppl on here own both bikes so if someone could give some feedback i would very much Appreciated.

thanks.

·
Registered
679 Posts
if i were you i would get the 700r because that is for overall riding. the ltr-450 is meant and built for the track. you could use it on the trails and stuff but then it would be more difficult because of the wider stance and everything. if you choose a bike i would choose the 700r for all riding. but if you ride track then the ltr-450.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i like over all riding thats why i want the 700r, but i want to know if the throttle response is the same on the 700r. i just liked that alot about the 450.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Throttle response is Awesome on the 700. If you are new to "the quad world" as you put it, the 700 is going to give you all you can handle and then some. If you want someone to tell you to buy a ltr-450 you should go to a Suzuki website, cause it aint gonna happen here! :3question:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont want anyone to tell me buy the ltr. like i said i love the 700r and i want 1, but my Q was simple and i want to know from someone that had experince with both of them thats all.
thanks

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
roc64 said:
Throttle response is Awesome on the 700. If you are new to "the quad world" as you put it, the 700 is going to give you all you can handle and then some. If you want someone to tell you to buy a ltr-450 you should go to a Suzuki website, cause it aint gonna happen here! :3question:
I think there is a lot of ppl on here that would tell him to buy and Suzuki if he wanted to race MX. I know I would.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
pile0g00 said:
roc64 said:
I think there is a lot of ppl on here that would tell him to buy and Suzuki if he wanted to race MX. I know I would.
You know what I mean g00! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
The initial response is a touch quicker and lighter fealing on the ltr. I spent a day ridding one on the track the other day and it was nice. I like my 700 better though. Now one thing the 700 has is the much wider gearing . On the 700 it felt like I was shifting alot more and having to really work to stay in the right gear. I was all over the gears when running a lap on the ltr but with the 700 I can run just as fast and stay between 2 to 4 th with 85% of the track in third. It allows for more focus on racing and less on worring if i'm in the right gear or down shifting three gears to get into a corner where at the same speen I just have to drop on gear to take the corrner. Also I like the larger feel of the 700. The ltr feels like driving a civic where the raptor is more like a big classic muscel car. Its got tons of power and it dosn't feel like your going to break thing ridding the crap out of it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
^^^ :clap: Agree ^^^

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've raced a few up Olds and China in Glamis and always beat them. Off the line and on the top end. But as far all around duning the ltr had no problems staying with the pack.

·
Registered
25 Posts
pile0g00 said:
roc64 said:
I Agree 450=track 700=all around

·
Registered
148 Posts
I was looking at the LTR as well... If you go to their forum its covered with tranny problems and all sorts of other things. That is what scared me away. I had a 660 about a month and just got the 700 on trade in. I have not had any problems with either machine. You like to ride and not to work on bikes, I have been told the LTR is alot of work since its a race machine. Engine will need rebuilt sooner ect. These are all rumors and things "I have heard" since I have not owned or ridden an LTR. So Im just trying to help out by sharing my info I received when deciding between the two bikes. I did ride my rappy on an mx track last week and it scared the hell out of me. I have only been riding a month or two though and it was the most challenging track in 3 states. Some of the jumps where almost straight up and very high, but she got me around it a few times. :thumbsup: I am sure some guys on here could take a stock 700 and race mx with it. I wish one lived by me and could show me how to do it. :grin_nod: I think they are both about the same price, so you just need to decide which is best for you. Now as far as pulling...... when i had the 660, someone on here said they raced an ltr with their 660 and would beat it till about 4th gear. Now supposidly, a 700 will stomp a 660. You do the math. I have not ran my 700 out yet since im still breaking in the motor. Good luck.

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
MONSTERMATT said:
ltr has a "frame cracking issue" research it and u will see what im talkin bout, RAPTOR 700= BEST ALL AROUND SPORT QUAD PERIOD
it wasn't a frame cracking issue. it was at the rear shock bolt, the first ones off the assebly line wasn't getting fully welded, suzuki admited the problem and did a "recall" where you could take it to your dealer, they'd pay all fee's and get you set back up. :thumbsup: but, I've ridden both, and the suzuki deffinatly has the track feel to it, the suspension is far greater than the 700 as far as response but the 700 just has that cumfy plush feel to it, you sit on it, and you feel almost at home, where as the suzuki, its much stiffer and not as pleasent of a ride.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have three buddies with an LTR and I smoke them all and I weigh more. I have also ridden all of them and the 700 has better throttle response and a smoother power delivery. I don't know about the cracking but the welds do look kinda chincy. I got my 700 before they the LTR came out and I was like"crap,something bigger and badder". But after riding both I know the Raptor was the right choice. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I wouldnt even go as far to say LTR for track. I'll say 450 in general, on the track. 700 for everything else!

·
Registered
677 Posts
No recall on the tranny. There have been some complaints on tranny whine, but no real failures. The only real issue with the LTR was that the mount on the frame where the linkage connects was only partlyl welded.That was on very early LTR's. The LTR stock is very slow, but add a $40.00 cherry bomb, pull the air box lid and pull the baffle ..... that adds a dyno proven 7 HP.

WWW.FUELATV.COM

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
still slower than the other two 450's..and heavier to boot

1 - 20 of 21 Posts