Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering what you alls jetting is for a stroker w/stock carbs.

I sold my 39's a while back and just wanna get the bike running again.
I know stock carbs will work because I had 'em on my other bike, but sold that bike and forgot what the jetting was.... Duh. Dumb move....
Just need something close and I'll go from there.

Specs; 11:1 719cc St. 3 cam, I ported the head, single exhaust, and will have a LA Designs airbox eliminator w/K&N filter.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
With stock carbs I ran a Dynojet 155/160 mains, DJ Needles on the 3rd clip, 27.5 pilots with the build in my sig except it was a Stage 2 and 3 cam. I now run FCR's and X4 cam.

I use to run one of those L&A air box eliminators but i took it off. I couldnt ever get the jetting dialed in. I think the problem was that the air filter is tucked clear up under the fuel tank. So it is in a really hot environment. It is surrounded by plastic so your raptor breaths in hot air wich isnt good for producing power. I went back to an air box with a pro design plate. If you want no air box you could always cut the bottom, back, and LH side of the air box off.

Just make sure to leave a 1 inch or so rim around the top of the air box. That way you can still mount it to the frame. leave an inch on the side and bottom of the air box. It helps keep it the air box rigid so the pro design plate doesnt leak.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thats funny i did my first intial jetting off your signature when i first fired my motor up. only i started with my fcr's i see why i was so lean now.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Thats funny i did my first intial jetting off your signature when i first fired my motor up. only i started with my fcr's i see why i was so lean now.
I run the current jetting in my signature with my 35mm FCR's, but I think I am going to be going up to 52 pilots. I have to have the fuel screws 3 turns out when it is cold out.

·
Registered
113 Posts
i have 187.5 and 190 jets with a 55 pilot and my plug looks beutiful.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are the jets from dyno jet.................or mikuni..............
Good point willy. That never crossed my mind.

I'll be using mikuni jets when I do mine and more than likely I use the stock pilots. (22.5's I think?) It's been so long since I've played with jetting I can't remember the numbers, but I tried one size bigger pilots on my other 719 and it ran like crap. Went back to stock size and it ran great.

Also I remember the stock needle and seat becomes a restriction at a certain point in jetting. Anybody know what jet sizes that point is? I know the needle/seat from a 660 Griz fits right in and solves that problem.

I'm workin with stock carbs here guys. Sold my fcrs.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Most stock motor bikes that run no air box lid jump up to #25 pilots. The stock size is 22.5. I guess if it runs good and the float hight is with in spec running 22.5 pilots would validated the fact that the L&A air box eliminator is pulling in really hot air off the engine.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Are the jets from dyno jet.................or mikuni..............
I think that is keihin fcr's going by the pilot jet size, but I dont know.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Most stock motor bikes that run no air box lid jump up to #25 pilots. The stock size is 22.5. I guess if it runs good and the float hight is with in spec running 22.5 pilots would validated the fact that the L&A air box eliminator is pulling in really hot air off the engine.
I've never been able to get the 25's to work for me. From an open aluminum airbox to no airbox with K&N filter in stock location to the LA designs airbox eliminator, 666cc, 705cc, 719cc None of 'em had 25 pilots that'd work. hahaha I still have a set though. Might try 'em again this time.

I just remembered I have to get some gytr needles too... I had an extra set n loaned to a buddy. Gotta get ahold of him tomorrow and see if he still has 'em. I think he might have my bigger jet sizes too. Biggest i have on hand is 165... :(

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
I've never been able to get the 25's to work for me. From an open aluminum airbox to no airbox with K&N filter in stock location to the LA designs airbox eliminator, 666cc, 705cc, 719cc None of 'em had 25 pilots that'd work. hahaha I still have a set though. Might try 'em again this time.

I just remembered I have to get some gytr needles too... I had an extra set n loaned to a buddy. Gotta get ahold of him tomorrow and see if he still has 'em. I think he might have my bigger jet sizes too. Biggest i have on hand is 165... :(
You should be running #25 pilots with aftermarket needles half way up and 160 - 165 mikuni mains...........

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Off the wall question, I have a ton of jets ranging from 140 to 167.5. I think I got a bunch of 'em in a package deal somewhere. Any body know how to visually tell the difference between mikuni jets and dynojet jets? LOL I was thinkin Mikuni's only went in steps of 5, (numbers), and dynojet's have just about all the numbers? I've never used dynojet jets myself, just wondering if I might have some mixed in. A few of 'em have smaller numbers stamped into 'em. As in the actual dimensions of the numbers themselves.

I'm gonna try the 25 pilots, 160/165 jets if my buddy still has those gytr needles. If not, it looks like I'll be ordering a jet kit just to get the needles... :(

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
i know i have mikuni jets that are stamped with half sizes. i have all the ones i could find between 150 and 180.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have needles only for 660 if you need them...

Nate
Alba Racing
Cool! I found one of mine, and my buddy is lookin for the other one... LOL

How much and most important, are they gytr needles? Dynojet needles won't do me much good cause I don't, (think), have dynojet jets.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Genuine Mikuni jets have a double sqare imblem stamped on them. It is a sqaure in the the corner of the sqare. They are sized in increments of 2.5.

Genuine Dynojet's will have a DJ stapmed on them. They are sized by 2 up to size 150. After 150 they are only avalable in increments of 5.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Genuine Mikuni jets have a double sqare imblem stamped on them. It is a sqaure in the the corner of the sqare. They are sized in increments of 2.5.

Genuine Dynojet's will have a DJ stapmed on them. They are sized by 2 up to size 150. After 150 they are only avalable in increments of 5.
Thanks! I don't think I have any dynojets then. but I do have a couple with no markings other than the size number... LOL

The needles we sell are our own. I would recommend only using genuine Mikuni Jets. $10 each...

Nate
Hey Nate, let me see if my buddy comes up with my other needle, if not I'll be ordering a set from you. Thanks

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
The needles we sell are our own. I would recommend only using genuine Mikuni Jets. $10 each...

Nate[/QAUOTE] A bit steep on the price of the jets. i get them for $3.50 each.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts