Discussion Starter #1
We are putting together a duner for the girlfriend. Her build is:

Stage 3 Cam
Pretty aggressive porting
11 to 1 102mm Bore
Hot Rods stroker crank
Dual's
Sea Level

With stock carbs.... where should I start? And should I use the stock needle? Its been a looooong time since I have messed with stockers and dont remember the ins and outs too well lol

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
We are putting together a duner for the girlfriend. Her build is:

Stage 3 Cam
Pretty aggressive porting
11 to 1 102mm Bore
Hot Rods stroker crank
Dual's
Sea Level

With stock carbs.... where should I start? And should I use the stock needle? Its been a looooong time since I have messed with stockers and dont remember the ins and outs too well lol
You never mentioned any airbox mods and this is the most important part...........

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I'll check mine when I get home. Mine was set up just like this last year with a 720 HR kit porting, Rally open airbox and a sparks exhaust. I'll let you know tonight.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
Pretty much no airbox at all Willy.

I was running 27.5's and I believe 165/170 on that engine with stock carbs Nate. Ran pretty damn good for stock carbs. That was with a stage 2 cam at the time (it'll be much happier with the stage 3). Same pipes and Intake setup you're running on it now.

Don't remember the clip position, but was running the CT titanium needles also at the time

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
My trail Raptor is stock carbs, ported, stage 3 cam, with no air box and GYTR exhaust is jetted with 27.5 pilots, GYTR needles half way up, with 165 - 170 mains.........but it is jetted a bit rich on the pilot circuit............

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Mine was 165/170 with 27.5 pilots Needle in the middle clip on GYTR needles though. From the looks of it it about where everyone was. My air box is Hacked though as the only part left is what mounts to the filter and goes to the carbs. It was with a stage 3 cam and 720 HR with sparks exhaust and some porting.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Holy shit, a concensus !!!
I ran a 27.5 pilots, fuel screws 2 turns out, dynojet needles on the middle clip, 155/160 main with mine. But they were Dynojet Mains.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Well I just took apart my carbs and have no idea where I got the numbers above??? but they were a 177.5/182.5 in there. Swore it was a 165/170 tho....???

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Well I just took apart my carbs and have no idea where I got the numbers above??? but they were a 177.5/182.5 in there. Swore it was a 165/170 tho....???
That is way too rich................

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Yea they might run fine that rich with no visible problems but you leave a huge chunk of power on the table.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I'm not gonna lie I didn't spend much time jetting it I got sick of tearing it apart last summer and it ran and beat all my friends so it worked for me lol but this year I will have to take some more time on it. Don't know about these FCR's though...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts