Raptor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok. So here is my dilem. i just built a 720 stroker. it was the kit from vitos minus there piston. i put a wiseco in it still a 102. i got it up and running and put back together but it was way to ight with the jets i origenly put in it which was 170-175 with 25 pilots stock needels. so i keep leaning it out but it still is rich and i am under the size of jetts that i started with in the old motor. so i was told that it could be the timing it could be off a little what would you guys say. coalshed any input? we are going to check the timing tonight and if that is fine i am going to get a proflo k&n kit for it. if i pull the lid off then it just leans it way to far out for my jetting right now.

my mods if you need to know are hmf slip-on, home made kn powerlid, the 720 vito kit stage 3 cam,

any info will be aprecieated

oh ya and the choke is not stuck
carbs are clean as a whisle also

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Pull off the airbox lid and try your highest number jets. You might need something higher than the 180 range if you are somewhat near sea level.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
ironraptor04 said:
coalshed any input?
There is definately a problem if your jets end up smaller than stock. Definately check the cam install, specifically make sure the 3 dots are where they need to be and the decomp pin works as designed, also check for air leaks between the cylinder head and the carbs. I assume you gapped the rings as specified by Wiseco? What did you set the deck height to? What is the piston to wall clearance set at?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CoalShedRacing said:
ironraptor04 said:
coalshed any input?
There is definately a problem if your jets end up smaller than stock. Definately check the cam install, specifically make sure the 3 dots are where they need to be and the decomp pin works as designed, also check for air leaks between the cylinder head and the carbs. I assume you gapped the rings as specified by Wiseco? What did you set the deck height to? What is the piston to wall clearance set at?
i did gap the rings to wiseco specs
piston to wall clearance was within spec i called them on that
not sure what the deck height is so??

there are no leaks in it cause that would cause it to run lean would it not its still rich hence there was a 6inch flame last night out of the pipe

i am going to be checking the cam today i will start of with the ignition check then i will pull the head off and check the cam and the three dots also

DECEPTiON21 said:
Pull off the airbox lid and try your highest number jets. You might need something higher than the 180 range if you are somewhat near sea level.
if i go up that high i have no power what so ever i am so rich even at stock it is still rich so i know that is not the problem right this second

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
already have the head of i might be giving you a call im going to try vitos first though it looks to be off a tooth or so

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was off one tooth that is what it looked like so i changed it to so it was as close as could be and now it runs better still is jetted a little rich with 145-150 mains no air filter with the home made 88 Buick air filter siliconed into lid to make a home made power lid i will rejet down a size tomorrow

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
still not workin right what kind of poewr is to be expected right now it tops out at 76 with the modes i have on it i am problably getting a proflow for it because if i jet it down or take off my air box lid or filter inside it is too lean then if you leave it on it is 2 rich you cant find the middle in it so i am going to try and find a medium with the proflow as it and bigger jets.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts