Raptor Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got my 734 kit with the high compression piston, ported head, and stage one cam back. The dyno numbers were 37 stock, 47 with commander, gytr intake and exhaust, and 58 with kit and all above. This thing is insane. And the 22" hole shots don`t loose grip. :) Anybody else got dyno numbers from upgrades?

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
I have my quad in the shop having the 734 kit installed and I should get it back either tonight or tororrow night, I'll let you know how it performs, I don't have a scheduled time to get it dyno'd but I will soon. I can't wait to get it back !!! Do you feel the need for an extended swing arm? I have been told that I will need one, but hesitated so far until I am sure it has too much power with the stock one.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just curious as to how much $$ we're talking for the piston, ported head, and cam. Did you do it yourself or have someone else install? I'm always looking for more power but don't want to hurt reliability. Do you have to run race fuel with the 734 kits? Thanks for any info you can provide. :thumbsup:

Later,
Matt

·
Registered
815 Posts
jtty4life - hmmm.... I just put a 11:1 piston, stage II cam and springs, & extreme head porting.... But i didnt do the big bore cylinder.... my bike goes on the dyno this next week.... i will post my numbers... BUT i am expecting lik 58 or 59 (maybe even 60) HP.....
I do have the LTE Duals tho.... So maybe they make that much of a difference.... bcs you probably spent around 400 or 500 more dollars than i did, since you went with the big bore.... but yet i am going to be putting out the same (maybe alittle more) power than you...
I will be posting my dyno sheets next week as soon as i get them back....
Did you do all the work yourself ? ? I did all of my work (except having the head ported - Velociraptor did that)....

Plattner

·
Registered
815 Posts
I did not do the big bore kit... but i did 11:1 piston, stage II cam and springs, and head porting..

stage II cam $200
Stage II spring kit $200
Piston $150
Porting - - - Had velociraptor do it.... we worked out a price..... but rocket factory and kenz both charge around $600 for their porting....
I did all the work myself.... so i had no labor costs to pay to anyone.... except Velociraptor for my head...

so my kit would cost most people around $1100 , unless you can get the porting done for cheaper from somewhere...

Plattner

·
Registered
511 Posts
Plattner let me know what your #'s are.

I just finished mine last fri for the big weekend. cam, piston, oversize valves, port and polished and also ron woods exhaust.

59.7 hp on the dyno with a map that was the guys 1st 1. i think if i get a better map i can pull maybe 62 to 63 hp out of it. runs great very fast and kept up with some runnin nitro.

Capt.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks guys. Thats the kind of info I was looking for.

I'll have to start rat-holing some cash for this one. :thumbsup:

On another note, what exactly is done when you "port" a head. I'm assuming your talking about smoothing and polishing the inside to increase airflow is there more to it than this? Soory for the questions but I see this talked about all the time, just never knew what was involved.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
793 Posts
proptwister said:
Thanks guys. Thats the kind of info I was looking for.

I'll have to start rat-holing some cash for this one. :thumbsup:

On another note, what exactly is done when you "port" a head. I'm assuming your talking about smoothing and polishing the inside to increase airflow is there more to it than this? Soory for the questions but I see this talked about all the time, just never knew what was involved.

Thanks,
Matt
Im not sure also but I would think putting a hole or holes throughout the head. Thats what ported means. I think I might save up too and get all that down later on.

·
Registered
89 Posts
they take you factory intake and exhaust ports and make them larger and then polish it til its smooth as a babys butt.

helps out quite a bit for flow. had my old blaster ported and polish. holy crap did it do wonders

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
I just received my head (and kit) last Friday from Rocket Factory, it was ported and polished pretty smooth, It definatley looked like it would have good flow. It is now installed on my quad and I just got word it is ready for me to pick up tomorrow (734kit installed). Off subject, but I compared the current (older) PC111 map and the new one for the new rebuild --- the new engine rebuild will take WAY MORE fuel than the old map. I wonder how much more gas I will burn in a day of riding??

·
Registered
902 Posts
Interested to hear what guys are saying about the swingarm as well.

Port work. . . stock, the head is a casting. It isn't smooth. There is also extra material that could be taken away to open-up the intake and exhaust ports. Bigger = more flow = more air into cylinder = more power.

Sometimes you don't end-up jetting-up. . . the flow results in more vacume in the throttle-body so, you end up with the same jetting due to the differential pressure getting more flow into the throttle-body.

I've been running a DS650 bored / stroked to 760 for a few years. I don't notice any difference in fuel usage at all.

The intake ports generally aren't polished smooth. General rule of thumb is a little roughness keeps the fuel from adhearing to the walls and running along the wall of the head. The desire is to keep the fuel atomized as it passes from the throttle-body to the cylinder.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Its great to see all the results of this post. To answer a few questions, all the parts I got were from trinity racing. I had one of my good friends do the work since he is a trinity dealer and he has done all of this before. I have my own shop and don`t have the time. (Automotive tuning) I payed $619 for the big bore, $`79. for the cam, and I think $349 for the porting. I have a stage 1 cam due to the fact I just want to trail ride. Satge 1 is more torque and stage 2 is high rpm. I did not do valve springs due to the cam. I am running Torco 110 octane leaded fuel due to the fact that I do have a high compression piston. I sell the Torco, so why not. Plattner, those are great numbers. Different dynos, different tires, and different alttitudes all can affect hp readings. But the fact is these bikes are power houses.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Again guys....thanks for the great info. I've learned a lot on this great forum. I'm thinking this may be my next major upgrade!

RaptorRandy27 said:
Proptwister, off topic but by your handle I gather your either in the aircraft or boating industry, a skipper or a pilot, which one is it?
Pilot. Just do it for pleasure now but still fanatical about anything that flies, fixed wing or heli.

Thanks,
Matt

1 - 18 of 18 Posts