Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so im getting different info on the barker 6mil crank. ive heard that you need a "stroker" piston and ive also heard that any off the shelf will work. my motor is together and dont have enough piston clearance. im running a 735. 6mil stroke 102bore. thanks for any input
mike

·
Premium Member
2,359 Posts
I think they are saying any "off the shelf" because the barker 4mil cranks use the standard (non stroker) pin location. The 6mm cranks would probably require a 2mm offset but I would call them to make sure.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
I see a 13:1 in his signature. From what I recall the Barker +6 uses the stock wristpin location but by definition the piston will move farther down and up the cylinder than a stock stroke crank.

The OP may need to fly cut the valve pockets, add a spacer, use a thicker head/base gasket, or replace the piston.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fixed sig. its a off the shelf 12:1 cp piston. and for future reference you CAN'T use an off the shelf piston with a 6 mil without modification to the piston and or spacer. for now we added a .040 spacer to make everything work but i think i will be changing to a 14:1 stroker piston this winter.
mike

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I have a Brand new Kenz 102mm 13.5:1 stroker piston and cylinder that I had barker bore for it. Blew my bottom end right before I got to install it and now I'm parting my 660's out. PM if you want it. Its brand new. I checked all over a few months ago trying to get a high compression stroker piston and know that that most of the builders did not have any in stock but could order them but it cost more.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
maddog its a short rod
dog im interested in the piston and jug, is that a diamond piston? what do you want for it?
thanks
mike

·
Registered
881 Posts
fixed sig. its a off the shelf 12:1 cp piston. and for future reference you CAN'T use an off the shelf piston with a 6 mil without modification to the piston and or spacer. for now we added a .040 spacer to make everything work but i think i will be changing to a 14:1 stroker piston this winter.
mike
What difference does the stroker piston make with this combo?

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the stroker piston have an offset wristpin. if i would of used a stroker piston i wouldnt of had to use the shims to give the clearance i needed. i went with a spacer cause of the money i already had in the piston and it was a lot easier.
mike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts