Raptor Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
If I had only one hobby I would be right up there with you, but I've got to "share the wealth." We ride mainly up Little River, it's a place about 30 minutes outside Roseburg Oregon where I live. Thousands of miles of Forest Service roads. We do make a couple of trips over to the coast a year and ride out of the Spinreel day use. I try to ride something every weekend, only miss a few a year. This weekend me, my son and his two kids are going up.

The predator is a hair quicker in 1 and 2nd but 3rd and up the Raptor starts to pull and just goes past it. I always wanted to own a 525 but since I will never own another quad without efi I missed my chance. You can really feel the difference in torque.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Where do you ride?

Expensive, haha! The wife says I probly have $10,000 in extras!! Tires, windshield, winch, lights, door bags, radios, wrap, suspension, tune, and it doesn't stop... It's like having a high class mistress!
Ever thought of putting like a v6 car motor in that? Seem like that would be pretty quick.....
I wonder since car motors are not for sporty type stuff if it'd be quicker or not.
I'd LOVE to build a small dune buggy frame with like 25-30 inch tires with 250-350 tires. That would be crazy.... and then i'd have a roll cage...

·
Registered
287 Posts
If I had only one hobby I would be right up there with you, but I've got to "share the wealth." We ride mainly up Little River, it's a place about 30 minutes outside Roseburg Oregon where I live. Thousands of miles of Forest Service roads. We do make a couple of trips over to the coast a year and ride out of the Spinreel day use. I try to ride something every weekend, only miss a few a year. This weekend me, my son and his two kids are going up.

The predator is a hair quicker in 1 and 2nd but 3rd and up the Raptor starts to pull and just goes past it. I always wanted to own a 525 but since I will never own another quad without efi I missed my chance. You can really feel the difference in torque.
Being only a 500 why is it almost as quick though? Is it more like the yfz 450 which is quicker revving and stuff?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Ever thought of putting like a v6 car motor in that? Seem like that would be pretty quick.....
I wonder since car motors are not for sporty type stuff if it'd be quicker or not.
I'd LOVE to build a small dune buggy frame with like 25-30 inch tires with 250-350 tires. That would be crazy.... and then i'd have a roll cage...
Man, thats alot of tires. It would probly be alot faster with like, idk, maybe only 4 tires

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,688 Posts
We ride mainly up Little River, it's a place about 30 minutes outside Roseburg Oregon where I live. Thousands of miles of Forest Service roads.
A friend of mine from Saint Helens, Or. is looking for somewhere to ride in the woods with others.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Shorter stroke,. quicker rev and lighter.

St Helens is a long way from me. But if he is up for a trip he is more than welcome to ride with us :)

·
Registered
2,304 Posts

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,688 Posts
St Helens is a long way from me. But if he is up for a trip he is more than welcome to ride with us :)
I'll let him know, he's open to road trips, and then follow someone. He just bought it last week and been trying to find someone local, but so far none.

Can you PM me some contact info I could give him. He's a good guy.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts